Forum home Road cycling forum Workshop

Giant D-Fuse Post Slipping

ajkerr73ajkerr73 Posts: 317
edited August 2017 in Workshop
I'm at the end of my tether with this.

Had this issue when I first bought this bike (Defy Advanced Pro 1) in early 2015, but had it sorted with a new clamp (wedge) arrangement from Giant.

Been rock solid since then. Had the bike away a couple of times dismantled in a bike box with no problems.

Took the bike to Flanders this year, did the full ride with no issue with the post.

Back from Flanders and can I buggery get the post to stay solid. Tried different types of paste.

It can stay solid for a long ride then the next ride slips down anything from 5 to 15mm (then the quads start to burn)

Any ideas?

• dj58dj58 Posts: 2,193
    Take the seatpost and wedge clamp out and inspect inside the seat tube to see if there is any detritus stopping the wedge clamp seating correctly, give everything a good clean. Make sure the sliding surfaces of the wedge clamp are moving freely.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,452
    Similar issue with both my D fuse bikes and sorted by cleaning properly then recoating with carbon paste and tightening back up to 6 Nm using a proper torque wrench, I also replaced the plastic metal caphead seat screws originally fitted for decent quality stainless ones. No issues since.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.