Hidden graded trails (resolved)

Ross Gardner
Ross Gardner Posts: 230
edited July 2017 in MTB general
There are some trails near me that don't show up on the trail forks app, or websites like mbwales.com and my route finder.

For example, there's a black and a blue trail near me that doesn't show up.

Do you know of any trails like this or where to find them somewhere else online?

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    How do you know they are blue and black if they are not listed anywhere?
    If they are hidden trails chances are they are unofficial and will not therefore be officially graded.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Ross Gardner
    JBA wrote:
    How do you know they are blue and black if they are not listed anywhere?
    If they are hidden trails chances are they are unofficial and will not therefore be officially graded.

Well they are within reasonable riding distance, and you can't miss them once you are near them... they have a map there of the trails and they are signposted as a blue and a black trails... so they are official.

I found about them originally from a friend, when I asked him about any local trails, and he provided the information.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Are they near an official trail centre? If so, it may be worth looking on the trail centre website to see if they are listed.

Alternatively a local riding group may have created the trails and given them what they consider to be the correct grading. Maybe a search of local riding groups/clubs websites or FB pages could provide some info?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Ross Gardner
    JBA wrote:
    Are they near an official trail centre? If so, it may be worth looking on the trail centre website to see if they are listed.

After looking further for them, I just found them on moredirt.com.

So that resolves the question, really.