Long Sleeve Jersey

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi can anyone recommend a nice long sleeve jersey that's not thermally lined please? I have ordered a Sportful Pista but then realised it's fleece lined and worried it will be too warm for spring summer use. The Castelli Puro looks good but that too is fleece lined. Any other suggestions welcome. Price point would be around £65 or under. Cheers

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Been after something similar myself.

Have a look at Torm or Howies.
    http://m.howies.co.uk/llaeth-ls-black-cycle-jersey.html

Rapha also got some options if you're able to spend a bit more, eg
    http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/pro-team ... ct/LFJ02XX
  • coops1967
    coops1967 Posts: 99
    For hot, sunny weather the absolute best i've found is a DeSoto long sleeve 'skin cooler' top.
    It's my preferred top here in hot and humid Thailand, with the sun protection benefit of the long sleeves.

https://www.desotosport.com/collections ... sleeve-top

No zip... it's not needed, so don't let that put you off.
    I'm 6ft, 85kg and the XL is a nice fit - more than snug enough without being absurdly tight.

The only drawback was being pure white, it really shoed up road spray on a damp day... but there's a return of a grey coloured versiion now which i'll be grabbing before they sell out...

Get the skin cooler beanie too - wicks sweat and helps keep it out of your eyes..
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Arm warmers?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Dhb Aeron Sportive @ Wiggle/CRC
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,134
    There are two versions of the Sportful Pista, one is fleece lined and is called the Pista Thermal, the other is called the long sleeve Pista and is just the short sleeve material with long sleeves.

I have that one, and it's probably the best light long sleeve I own - but still gets little use as a short sleeve with arm warmers is so much more versatile. For example a windstopper short sleeve like a Perfetto can be used both in colder and warmer conditions (with and without warmers).

I bought the Dhb Aeron sportive that's also been recommended and it looked good; a slightly less porous material than the Sportful, decent cut too. I sent it back though because I couldn't see that I would use it much - was after something a bit warmer at the time.
  • Castelli Prologo 4 ?
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • stormsedge
    stormsedge Posts: 18
    I use a white UnderArmor Heat Gear long sleeve (~$30usd) or a safety yellow Eastbay long sleeve (~$15usd) under whatever jersey I happen to be wearing. Works fine up to about 92 degrees and 90% humidity then doesn't evaporate/move the heat quite as effectively, but have worn in 96. Note that I spent many years in military always wearing a shirt and undershirt--and typically still do, so feels normal to me. For single long sleeve jersey wear, I recently purchased a white Performance item (on sale $30usd)...I have not tried it yet. Recent studies on UPF/UV protection seem to lean towards bright colors as best protection over the predominate white recommended for years. Something better than nothing in my opinion.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I've got one of the Howies ones and love it, use it early in the mornings this time of year and through spring and autumn when it's dry or drizzling. It's really comfy, much comfier to wear than the Rapha LS I own and cheaper too, the material just works well, particularly on the arms. The only downside is that if you're going to put a lot of weight in your pockets then they do bounce a bit when out of the saddle. That said, a phone, keys, wallet, tube, pump, tiny mini-tool and waterproof jacket seem to be fine for me along with a couple of cereal bars.
  • Evans have one at the Mo , called L.T.R , orange or black. 27 pound.
    Sleeves a bit tight to go over your hand otherwise great.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Check out the DHB range on wiggle.
  • TonyJams
    TonyJams Posts: 214
    Flasher wrote:
    Arm warmers?
    Agree, short sleeve jersey in summer with arm warmers. Long sleeve jersey in spring/autumn