sunday government falls

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

espresso, have a ride

change old worn and punctured/sealant ridden tubs for new silky ones, do a bit of early packing for hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Weather doesn't look as good today so we might visit something, my suggestion of go-karting still might work, but I doubt it

No bbq later as we are risking French taxis and having a night out in the local town
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    TLW1 wrote:
    Weather doesn't look as good today so we might visit something, my suggestion of go-karting still might work, but I doubt it

No bbq later as we are risking French taxis and having a night out in the local town
    Or you could sit around, drink lots of vin plonk and post bollox on 'Le Bracquet de Bottom'.

A day of jobs and booking stuff up for the Florida leg of our US visit next month. Costas for now to give me the energy for the jobs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    On a good note kids finally realised that all things electronic can be bad if used all the time, so they have come up with a timetable between them to reduce useage down to reasonable levels.
    Oxo, please tell me your secret of how you got them to realise this.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    3 whole days without WiFi at home and no internet on phones plus a discussion at last night's family meal seemed to have helped. Eldest worked out what his impending driving test has cost us in lessons plus car and insurance to be purchased shortly. Even with some of his savings it made him realise. Youngest worked out it was worth doing as he was told otherwise it wouldn't be back on anytime soon.
    OK, so I just need to sabotage our internet connection for a few days...
  • sungod
    maybe overkill for domestic, but if you can blag a free meraki ap, the cloud management platform allows you to schedule ssid availability by day/time, block content, limit bandwidth, block devices, check usage, you could have one ssid for them, and another unrestricted one for you, etc. etc.

in short, you will be supreme overlord of the wifi

https://meraki.cisco.com/tc/freeap
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Somber on the ward this morning :(

Meantime, reading the news about broadband speeds, I've been looking at what my new home is likely to get:

BT's site says "Great News you can get Superfast 7.2Mbps". Since when was 7.2 anything but pathetic (BT saying they will get 99% of the population at 10 minimum by 2020)? In Amsterdam I had 200Mbps. And, in Cambridge, 15 years ago, we had 2Mbps on ADSL (before there was any contention)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    maybe overkill for domestic, but if you can blag a free meraki ap, the cloud management platform allows you to schedule ssid availability by day/time, block content, limit bandwidth, block devices, check usage, you could have one ssid for them, and another unrestricted one for you, etc. etc.

in short, you will be supreme overlord of the wifi

https://meraki.cisco.com/tc/freeap
    Hmm...I can see that would lead to conflict. Prending the wi-fi is knackered means I can avoid the flak :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Somber on the ward this morning :(

Meantime, reading the news about broadband speeds, I've been looking at what my new home is likely to get:

BT's site says "Great News you can get Superfast 7.2Mbps". Since when was 7.2 anything but pathetic (BT saying they will get 99% of the population at 10 minimum by 2020)? In Amsterdam I had 200Mbps. And, in Cambridge, 15 years ago, we had 2Mbps on ADSL (before there was any contention)
    Hmmm MRS, hope that's not Eve?

House jobs today. Brickie turning up tomorrow to do stuff, which will be a major job ticked off the list to finish this house. Have to spend the week excavating rocks/dirt/stumps up the back though which will be hard yakka. Gave away one bike frame, sold another old roadie, wondering whether to off-load another one.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    It's a bloody roller coaster MRS.

Weather shyte. Meh. Today empty house and I need to do some chores. Double meh. Need to cut grass but don't want to and the weather is playing it's part. Triple meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    yep, a real brexit summer, hammered down last night, regent's park looks waterlogged, large pools of water, and that's at the end that's higher up, had a nice brekkie outside the cafe, quite pleasant when the sun made it through the gaps in the clouds

took 30 minutes to get old tubs off, this has used up my spare energy for the remainder of the day, think i'll leave the new ones to stretch a couple of days
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Hmmm MRS, hope that's not Eve?

There but for the grace... etc

No, it was the poor lad who has been slipping away for the past few weeks. We've got to know the parents very well (what you'd describe as "salt of the earth" types - so incredibly kind and straightforward) and it has been heartbreaking. That's 3 kids in July I think. Who would be a kids cancer nurse/doctor?

Eve is still doing OK - feeling really rough from her treatment but so-far-so-good.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Power-hosed the decking to within an inch of its life, then went for a ride.

Wife and kidz away for a fortnight.

How does the cooking machine work and at what time does the magic ironing fairy appear?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    How does the cooking machine work....

Try and locate the smallish square thing in the kitchen, put something inside it, twiddle the knob and wait for the 'ting' sound.
    Garry H wrote:
    ....and at what time does the magic ironing fairy appear?

Find the big, white square thing that sits on the floor, put clothes inside it and twiddle the knobs until hot air comes out of it. Wait a while.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Last day of holiday so back to the hell hole tomorrow, nice 60k ride and a coffee then home.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    How does the cooking machine work and at what time does the magic ironing fairy appear?
    Unfortunately they're not automatic Gaz. You need to recall the operative.

5c9ffa56d1c82429ffcdf1dee7e8bf07--white-tee-shirts-rock-t-shirts.jpg
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Traditional Sunday. Couple of hours out on the bike until the weather threatened to spoil things.
    Then visited my mother for the weekly slice of cream sponge.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Well chuffed that despite still gobbing out copious amounts of the green cr4p as has been case all week, legs n lungs ok to cope with an 80k. So week not been total write off.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Or just keep buying takeaway and new clothes until she reappears. Bonus of takeaway - no washing up.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Or just keep buying takeaway and new clothes until she reappears. Bonus of takeaway - no washing up.

...and then slump in the couch to watch 'About Schmidt'.