Donostia-Donostia Klasikoa — Clásica San Sebastián-San Sebastián. **Spoilers **

2»

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Brilliant from Froome's super domestiques.
    Landa is getting good as a top team player. :D

All the shots of Landa show him looking delighted at team-mates victories. If he is promised a sole leader role at Sky for Vuelta/Giro next he would be foolish to leave - Sky team look so strong and he would thrive. Far better to play second fiddle to Froome at Sky than second / third to Quintana and perhaps Valverde at Movistar.

Kwia looks just more and more awesome and a perfectly complete cyclist as the year goes by
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    MY MAN!!!!!!!!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    website is pretty poorly
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Kwia is so strong. Also like that he uploads all his training rides and races to Strava, interesting to see the detail of what he can do.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    This thread is like Scooby doo where the scenery keeps repeating. Something wrong with the forum?
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    That was almost perfect by Sky. Superb win. Although I preferred when they were crap at one day races. Gave something to laugh at.

And the forum is broken, or at least was 15 minutes ago.
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    This thread is like Scooby doo where the scenery keeps repeating. Something wrong with the forum?

If it hadn't been for those pesky kids...
  • KWIATO!!!!!

Landa too was fantabulous
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,935
    Textbook from Sky.
    Kwia deserves that after his awesome efforts at the Tour - he's some rider.

Landa would be mad to leave Sky - he'll be behind Quintana and Valverde at Movistar whereas at Sky he can be a leader at one GT and superdom at others - afterall Geraint is almost guaranteed to have a crash putting him out of GC contention.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Textbook from Sky.
    Kwia deserves that after his awesome efforts at the Tour - he's some rider.

Landa would be mad to leave Sky - he'll be behind Quintana and Valverde at Movistar whereas at Sky he can be a leader at one GT and superdom at others - afterall Geraint is almost guaranteed to have a crash putting him out of GC contention.

Or else be struck by lightening.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    If Landa goes to Movistar surely he will be the main man. Spanish rider on a Spanish team.

Why would they persist with Quintana? They know he can't beat Froome.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Had to record the race but after checking the result watched the last 20km ... Pretty much everything you'd want in a race, including a winner who had to wait a week or so to be rewarded (once more) for what is clearly the form rider of the season ...

Tom D looking decent for the Vuelta ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    If Landa stays, is there a role for Thomas, who's looking increasing like a jack of all trades?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    This Kwiatkowski kid is building an exceptional high quality palmares.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    If Landa stays, is there a role for Thomas, who's looking increasing like a jack of all trades?

Cobbles.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    Just watched this - Really enjoyed the route and race. Kwiatkowski is the business.
  • Frank Wilson
    Frank Wilson Posts: 930
    Just spent six hours getting from Bayonne to Burgos by car and now I know why, didn't know this race was one, coupled with all the toll booths that now propergate the Basque country.

Basically they charge you a loaf of money to sit in queues of their making!!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    type:epyt wrote:
    Tom D looking decent for the Vuelta ...

Not riding it, unfortunately
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Kwiatkowski's last five wins (excluding nationals)

San Sebastian (2017)
    Milan-San Remo (2017)
    Strade Bianche (2017)
    E3 Harelbeke (2016)
    Amstel Gold (2015)

It's A list races or nothing with him
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • If Landa stays, is there a role for Thomas, who's looking increasing like a jack of all trades?

Cobbles.

This. Very much this.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,649
    RichN95 wrote:
    Kwiatkowski's last five wins (excluding nationals)

San Sebastian (2017)
    Milan-San Remo (2017)
    Strade Bianche (2017)
    E3 Harelbeke (2016)
    Amstel Gold (2015)

It's A list races or nothing with him

Where's Iain's chippers list? I'm sure San Sebastian isn't A-List
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    I thought anything calling itself a classic couldn't be one.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589

Cobbles.

This. Very much this.

Wishful thinking, his position when crashing out of Grand Tours probably gives him and the management enough confidence that if only he can finish a race he can contend. I'd much rather see he back at the Classics though.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,868
    smithy21 wrote:
    If Landa goes to Movistar surely he will be the main man. Spanish rider on a Spanish team.

Why would they persist with Quintana? They know he can't beat Froome.

beat froome at the Vuelta?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm