DCR Wheels - DCR Hubs

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
Just realised DCR are local to me so was checking out their website last night. They do seem to offer a good range of hand built wheels for a decent price and they are generally light too.

Some of the sets are made up of DCR branded components especially their mid range hub offerings. They look good and are light. So the next question is how do they perform? Does anyone have any experience of these wheels or the builder? Not saying they are but I want to make sure they are not low quality hubs that have a fancy colour to make them look appealing if you know what I mean.

Cheers

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    I believe the DCR hubs are based on Bitex hubs.

Mine are on to their third year of use although they've been on the summer bike so haven't seen too much in the way of nasty conditions.

So far they've been flawless. Pretty much zero maintenance. They're light, look decent and make about the right amount of noise when freewheeling.

I've probably done 4-5k miles on them so not a massive mileage but all signs positive so far.

David's customer service before and after the sale was also excellent.
  • coops1967
    coops1967 Posts: 99
    I've a set of DCR wheels, the DCR 40 rims... I went with Tune King/Kong hubs.
    Excellent to deal with - and have had no issues.

Drop him a line with any queries - he can answer any questions you may have and give you any more options etc and ideas.
  • paul64
    paul64 Posts: 278
    Pleased with mine too on Archetype rims and 25mm tyres, smooth and as good as any wheels I have owned, had them about a year now. I will be getting the same again soon for another bike.