Conversion bdx to gpx

Jeroen2101
Jeroen2101 Posts: 6
edited July 2017 in Road general
Hi
Do you know if there is any tools that convert bdx files to a gpx format? I have a Bryton Rider50 gps and use the data on Strava.
With new bike tours I store the Rider50 data direct into a gpx file, so in that case no problem to import them into Strava.
In the past I used the BrytonSport site that had a couple of conversion options but with the new BrytonActive site this is not possible anymore and BrytonSport is on silence since a couple of weeks.
I have around 15 bdx files that I can't import into Strava. Unfortunately I deleted the historic files on Rider50.
Look forward to hear if there is any solution. Thanks!

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Just search the internet for a free conversion program. There's stacks out there.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • philthy3 wrote:
    Just search the internet for a free conversion program. There's stacks out there.
    Hi philthy3,
    Thanks for your reply. I have already searched a lot on internet, but unfortunately haven't found anything yet.
    Any tips/hints are appreciated....
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    You may have to look at converting to something else and then onto gpx. You might lose some of the data in the process though. Sounds like Bryton haven't thought this through.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I must first say that, I have no idea if this will actually work, but...
    From Bryton Bridge you could import a track to the device, in this case your .bdx file, then try exporting it from the device as a .gpx

The new Bryton training centre absolutely sucks, though. You're right there.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Hi SCR Pedro
    That's indeed what I do now: both saving the bdx and gpx files via the Bryton bridge. That works fine.
    It's just the approx. 15 historic files that I only have in bdx format that I'd like to convert to gpx and load in Strava.
  • tourdriving
    tourdriving Posts: 228
    https://tourdriving.wordpress.com bike hire and travel links, in 47 countries http://ukbikerentals.com UK Bike & Motorcycle hire in Counties after ABC
  • Frank Wilson
    Frank Wilson Posts: 930
    I have a ready reckoner and some logarithm tables for all the more aged riders (myself included) who haven't got a clue what this thread is all about!!

• Hi tourdriving, thanks for your reply! I'm going to try this :D
  • I already found a solution by searching around in the web:
    http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input
    It's possible to select a bdx file and convert the file to a gpx format. The site returns a gpx file which can be saved on your local drive. The gpx file can be loaded in Strava.