Wahoo Bolt & iPhone emails

kernowkarmann
kernowkarmann Posts: 6
edited July 2017 in Road general
Hi all,

Just a quick question, I get my texts and phone calls showing on my Bolt but not my emails. I know this is because I use Outlook abd this is not the native mail for an iPhone, but as I am new to iPhones I don't know which is the one to use to get it to show on the Bolt.

I ride during work hours so it would be useful to have email notification. If anyone could help I'd be grateful.

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Have you tried running your email in parallel on the iPhone email client/app? You can set it up to run Outlook style mail.

You don't need to use it to read the mails normally but just get the notifications.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • that's what i would like to do but i can't find the iphone email app :(
  • meanredspider
    Mail - blue icon with white envelope. By default it's usually in the bar at the bottom

It's also in Settings - Mail
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • the bottom bar has phone, safari, messages and music in it, also can't find mail in the settings, i wonder if i deleted it when i got the phone (is it possible to?!)
  • meanredspider
    the bottom bar has phone, safari, messages and music in it, also can't find mail in the settings, i wonder if i deleted it when i got the phone (is it possible to?!)

No - it's not possible. You might have moved it to a folder.

Have you looked in the list under "settings"? It won't be in the place shown in this image but it will look similar

iphone2.jpg
  • yep, looked there and it doesn't have that mail icon in the list....

is an iphone SE if that makes any difference
  • meanredspider
    Nope - I'd fully expect it to be there
  • meanredspider
  • got it sorted, i had deleted the icon so needed to download again from app store, then followed your advice, working now, thanks for helping!
  • meanredspider
    Cool. I didn't think you could delete those standard apps but clearly some you can