Scott Foil (2016 onwards) front mech cable

bianchi_dave
bianchi_dave Posts: 847
edited July 2017 in Workshop
Hi all
I've just fitted a Dura Ace (R9100) front mech to my new(ish) Foil but I'm a bit concerned at how close the cable inner is to the exit hole above the bottom bracket (beside base of seat tube). I'm sure the previous 6800 mech cable was more central in the hole. If anyone is running either an R9100 or R800 front mech (or any other mechanical) on the new Foil, can you let me know if there is a sleeve or outer cable where the inner cable exits the frame? I've emailed Scott but looking for a quick reply so I can use the bike without worry!
Cheers
Scott Addict RC
Scott Foil Premium
Trek Emonda Disc
Scott Solace 10

Comments

• bianchi_dave
    Decided not to risk it so have put a plastic sleeve over the cable where it exits the frame. Don't fancy sawing such an expensive thing, having seen a few internet horrors with Cervelos!
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    If it helps Jagwire do a cable sleeve, I use it on the bottom of mine more to protect it from crud than anything else.
  • bianchi_dave
    Step83 wrote:
    If it helps Jagwire do a cable sleeve, I use it on the bottom of mine more to protect it from crud than anything else.

Thanks, I'll have look. Cheers
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • There is a sleeve and a rubber grommet to keep it central.
  • bianchi_dave
    There is a sleeve and a rubber grommet to keep it central.

Thanks for that. Sent you a PM. Could I trouble you for a photo? I bought my frame used and the previous owner ran Di2, although he did provide the grommets and cable fitments for running mechanical. At least if I know what it looks like I can probably fashion something similar!
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10