Jersey's

davey.davey
davey.davey Posts: 89
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
Any recommendations for long sleeve, water proof/resistant, lightweight jerseys!?

I need a jersey to keep me dry ish, not bothered about it being completely waterproof, resistant is good enough. So I can base layer underneath it too when the temp starts dropping.

I'd like it to be tight/slim fitting too to keep as aero as poss. Most of the ones I've seen are shite, loose fitting :?

Comments

• cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 680
    I've got an ASSOS TiBuru top which is really good. It's designed for autumn/spring, isn't overly warm or windproof, but works from most conditions from sort of 5C to 18C, handles a shower or two and fits really well.

I had the fortune to win it, can't say I'd pay the £200 odd it costs to buy one, but is an excellent garment for what you're looking for, I think.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Lightweight you'd be looking at the Perfecto or the Gabba's. Personally I prefer short sleeve with waterproof arm warmers.
    Rapha also do the Shadow Jersey, not cheap mind.
    I use a Rapha Pro Team Softshell base Layer with a normal jersey over over the top. To warm for this time of year but pretty good when the temperature drops and the weather is intermittent showers.
    Bender The Robot has a good Blog to look at for this type of jersey.
  • Thanks guys, I'll check out the jerseys you mentioned.

@w00dster, never thought of using my short sleeved jerseys with waterproof arm warmers so that's maybe an option too, cheers
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    From your list of requirements I reckon a Castelli Perfetto Light short sleeved with some Nanoflex arm warmers could be perfetto for you.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Check out the Morvelo storm shield range. Really nice kit.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    edited July 2017
    I'm a big fan of my Parentini Mossa - not a lot of insulation going on (but appropriate base layering takes care of that) and it is very water resistant - more so than my Castelli Gabba which is warmer (when not wet through!).
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm gonna try the castrelli perfeto and also the morvelo storm sheild short sleeve and get some arm warmers to go with it.

I'll see which feels best, cheers
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I had the first ride in my perfetto light earlier and was really impressed, more breathable than the gabba but enough to keep showers off and stay warm in the wind/descents.
  • Anyone tried the RULE#9 RAINPROOF JERSEY from La Passione?
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    I wore this on my commute this morning, it rained for a good percentage of he ride, and absolutely pee'd it down for about 20 minutes of that. My summer base layer was dry when I got in (the only thing that was!), my upper arms were a little damp but I put this down to the arm warmers wicking the water upwards (they aren't water resistant).
    It is very thin - so much so it's hard to understand how it is so water resistant and windproof.

http://www.lusso.bike/product/repel-corsa-jersey/

The only downside is it's only available in black.
  • Anyone had any experience with the 'Stolen Goat' Orkaan long sleeve jerseys?