What Computer for a Power Meter

mr_mojo
mr_mojo Posts: 200
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
Just bought a pair of PowerTap P1S power meter pedals and trying to decide on what gps computer to use with it. I currently have a Garmin 25 that I love for its small size and simplicity but this isn't compatible with the power meter. I have had a Garmin 520 before but didn't like it and ended up selling it and going back to the Garmin 25.

Not too fussed about having mapping but if the computer came with it that's ok. Currently looking at the Wahoo Elemnt, PowerTap Joule gps+ and the Garmin 820. I like the Wahoo as I have a Kickr turbo trainer so can use this to control it, the PowerTap computer I would assume would compliment the power meter as it's the same make and the Garmin, well it's not the 520 and I'm already using the Garmin software and quite like it.

Open to any other recommendations or advice.

Comments

• dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    After my garmin 800 gave up I bought a Wahoo bolt. My Garmin would turn off, hang and had issues with charging. The bolt /element has a great companion app and seems to work fine. The element was a bit big for me and I never used navigation on the old 800 so the bolt fit the bill.
  • Palladium
    Palladium Posts: 81
    wahoooo bolt
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    After having had enough Garmin's to finally realise they're a dead duck, I switched to the Wahoo Elemnt and run a Power2max. Never fails to detect the power meter unlike my last Garmin an 820 which was frankly shite.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.