Co2 Pump Adaptor thingy.

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
Looking for a C02 adaptor pump thingy for using on the road instead of a standard pump and wondered which are the best?

Needs to be quite small as it will be going in a saddlebag along with a tube and tyre levers etc.

Never used one before so wanted to know what was the best and easiest to use.
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    TBH just take a pump with you. CO2 is fast but what do you do if you're out of cartridges ? only use mine for racing.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    Disagree with that. CO2 is much quicker, and if you're out with a few mates or the weather is poor, the less time spent on the repair about will be appreciated. I carry 2 CO2 carts and a small pump (Topeak Micro Rocket AL) so running out of CO2 is not an issue. I have one of the minimalist inflators: an old style Giant Control Blast, which has never let me down in 5 years. The Decathlon job for £8 looks OK too. Some people prefer the Genuine Innovations type that use a trigger to dispense the gas.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    So running out of co2 is an issue - that's why you have a pump ! ;-)

If it's you that has the flat then the pumping will keep you warm anyway.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Only carry a pump myself - but it is nice when one of your mates has CO2 and offers to inflate the tyre for you :)
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Have a pump at the moment but I find that most of them are cr4p and take ages to inflate a tyre with, I usually carry one in my pocket along with a spare tube and levers however am looking for something I can chuck in a small saddle bag for a trip to the Spanish mountains.

Been looking at the Castelli mini saddlebag and I reckon I can get a tube, levers and 2 Co2 canisters in one so my pockets are free.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles