Merida Ride 500 2016 ??

RefEng
RefEng Posts: 5
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi guys & gals,

I'm looking to get into road cycling but only for endurance and fitness not to race. I've seen a Merida Ride 500 2016 at my local bike shop but can't find any reviews for that specific model year.

Any advice would be appreciated please......mainly ultegra set up which has drawn me towards it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    Used the 105 version, great entry level bike and ideal for what you describe. As long as the price and fit is right I would recommend.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I use a Merida Ride 400 with SRAM Rival 22 and Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels as my winter trainer and turbo bike. So comfortable I often use it on good weather days. With both my Ride and Reacto, I erred on the side of the smallest frame for my height to get the best position.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • craigr
    craigr Posts: 53
    I too have the Ride 400 2015 edition with 105. Great bike and very comfy for long rides. Wasn't too impressed with the Fulcrum wheels though as kept breaking spokes/going out of true. Replaced with Zondas and made big difference.
    Can't go wrong with Ultegra.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Mrs Laurentian has a Merida (CF) - I am always amazed at the quality and durability of the paintwork finish (if that's something that's important to you!) Comes up like new everytime it's cleaned (by me)
    Wilier Izoard XP