Spoke Length Check...

rowlers
rowlers Posts: 1,614
edited July 2017 in Workshop
Would someone please check my calculations!?!
Miche Racing Box (RG2) Hubs
Kinlin XR22 24h Symmetric Front
Kinlin XR22 28h Asymmetric Rear.
Edit...
Front radial.
Rear 2x

I think I need 279mm for the front and Rear 283mm DS & 284mm NDS.
Does this sound about right?

Cheers folks

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    why workshop? Post in the handbuilts section
    left the forum March 2023
  • rowlers
    Why just post without answering?

I didn't want to clutter the handbuilt thread up? Workshop is normally where you'd build wheels? Unless its the kitchen of course!
    And I can't move it now anyway!
  • ugo.santalucia
    rowlers wrote:
    Why just post without answering?

I didn't want to clutter the handbuilt thread up? Workshop is normally where you'd build wheels? Unless its the kitchen of course!
    And I can't move it now anyway!

Because I have no idea...

No, handbuilts is the place for this kind of question
  • ugo.santalucia
    also, you need to specify which pattern you want (how many crosses)
  • rowlers
    You are so up your own ar$e it is unbelievable... To think I used to respect your opinion. Now I just thinking your a fuckin gobshite.
    Goodbye...
  • ugo.santalucia
    rowlers wrote:
    You are so up your own ar$e it is unbelievable... To think I used to respect your opinion. Now I just thinking your a fuckin gobshite.
    Goodbye...

Not sure what you are on about, I have never built a Kinlin 22, so I have no idea. I was genuinely trying to be helpful, as I know if you post in the right section, Malcom will reply swiftly.

Anyway, if that is the way you treat those who try to help, then you can fcuk off and I certainly won't bother in the future...
  • rowlers
    At what point did you try to help?
  • ugo.santalucia
    rowlers wrote:
    At what point did you try to help?

1) by directing you to the best place to get a quicker answer from the only person who knows these numbers for sure

2) By telling you that you need to add which pattern you want, otherwise it is not possible to give a length

At which point did you show any manners?
  • rowlers
    Well I did say please and thank you :)
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    278 front
    284 NDS
    282 DS

based on published measurements. Note that a 28h rear will take a 3-cross, which will wind up less, in which case NDS is 294 and DS is 292.

Now apologise to Ugo.
  • rowlers
    964Cup wrote:
    278 front
    284 NDS
    282 DS

based on published measurements. Note that a 28h rear will take a 3-cross, which will wind up less, in which case NDS is 294 and DS is 292.

Now apologise to Ugo.

Thanks, I was close!
  • Barrington12
    Barrington12 Posts: 358
    Interesting thread.
    Hi Ugo, I still respect you (!) and am still building wheels aplenty after your very helpful training before your move.
    I didn't realise there was a hand built section on the forum and I've looked for it but I can't find it; any help that anyone can give and point me in the right direction would be very welcome. Thanks.
  • ugo.santalucia
    Interesting thread.
    Hi Ugo, I still respect you (!) and am still building wheels aplenty after your very helpful training before your move.
    I didn't realise there was a hand built section on the forum and I've looked for it but I can't find it; any help that anyone can give and point me in the right direction would be very welcome. Thanks.

Hi Barry,

Road buying section, at the top
  • Barrington12
    Barrington12 Posts: 358
    Thanks. Found it. 97 pages of reading material!
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Not wanting to be controversial or anything but there is a certain logic in the wheel-building thread being in the Workshop section and not the Road Buyers.......
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • ugo.santalucia
    Svetty wrote:
    Not wanting to be controversial or anything but there is a certain logic in the wheel-building thread being in the Workshop section and not the Road Buyers.......

Yes but

At the time I did make the thread a "sticky" one in response to the perennial questions "which wheels" "which rims" "which hubs" "which spokes", which in essence are "buying advice" questions. If you think it's best to dilute it and have a workshop thread about how to actually build a wheel, then be my guest... I am no longer moderator, nor give a toss about how things are done in this forum.