BPW - CYB

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited September 2017 in MTB general
Hi All.

How does Bike park wales Compare to Coed Y Brenin as in each others red or black trails, when we went to llandegla we found their blacks quite easy compared to other places.

Comments

• iwilldoit
    oxoman wrote:
    Firstly bikepark Wales is pretty much uplift service unlike Brenin or Llandegla. The blacks are harder at BPW as its more DH orientated so very little pedalling.

We will be riding up, we are just passing through and can't spend a whole day there, but thank you for the advise.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The pedal up is a drag and boring. I'd say a blue at BPW is equivalent to Llandegla black. The reds are about the same as most other trail centre blacks. The black trails are mostly just graded black for the decent size gap jumps (up to 30 foot) and a few unavoidable drops. If you can't do the qualifying features at the start of the blacks then they're not for you. Enter the Dragon is great for the jump line at the start. Dai Hard is a bit rubbish and 50 Shades of Black is reasonably tech with a couple jumps you don't want to get wrong. Get the one after the road gap wrong and you'll be off to Swansea A&E
  • iwilldoit
    The pedal up is a drag and boring. I'd say a blue at BPW is equivalent to Llandegla black. The reds are about the same as most other trail centre blacks. The black trails are mostly just graded black for the decent size gap jumps (up to 30 foot) and a few unavoidable drops. If you can't do the qualifying features at the start of the blacks then they're not for you. Enter the Dragon is great for the jump line at the start. Dai Hard is a bit rubbish and 50 Shades of Black is reasonably tech with a couple jumps you don't want to get wrong. Get the one after the road gap wrong and you'll be off to Swansea A&E

Spot on description thank you RockmonkeySC we had a great time.
  • Dai Hard is a bit rubbish and 50 Shades of Black is reasonably tech with a couple jumps you don't want to get wrong. Get the one after the road gap wrong and you'll be off to Swansea A&E

that sounds absolutely terrifying. just out of interest what is the right/wrong way to go about the jump you mention?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Right - landing.
    Wrong - crashing.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • that's not what i asked but cheers
  • mattl80 wrote:
    Dai Hard is a bit rubbish and 50 Shades of Black is reasonably tech with a couple jumps you don't want to get wrong. Get the one after the road gap wrong and you'll be off to Swansea A&E

that sounds absolutely terrifying. just out of interest what is the right/wrong way to go about the jump you mention?

It's easy to over do the speed which will result in a very nasty crash as you'll never make the corner. Stop at the road gap and walk the next few features. Commit to the section, be smooth and it's a great section.
    The rock garden further down looks nasty but just hit it with some speed, there isn't a bad line.
    After that it's all cruising.
    I've not done the pro line, the drop looks fine but the rest of it definitely needs a downhill bike unless you hit it spot on.

One other thing, Swansea A&E sucks, avoid it at all costs!
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    mattl80 wrote:
    that's not what i asked but cheers

it really is what you asked :roll: