God forbid a french UCI president

EnacheV
EnacheV Posts: 235
edited September 2017 in Pro race
So french UCI jury at TdF decided to completely toss the rules just to avoid giving Bardet a 20 seconds penalty

If this pro french blatant cheating (that "media" keeps it quiet) it's happening under Cookson imagine what will happen with under a french UCI president. lol.

I also bet half of top 10 are on motors (11 guys climbing faster than 2012 ? give me a fkin break.) but again "Froome must not win" is the order of the day. Ofc under the friendly french UCI commisaires watch.

Comments

• carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,598
    I thought Cookson was already covering up all bad things in the UK to sell the cycling nation down the ASO river? :lol:
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,246
    Philippe Marien is Belgian.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I thought the motors chat had been a bit quiet this tour.
  • EnacheV
    CarbonClem wrote:
    I thought Cookson was already covering up all bad things in the UK to sell the cycling nation down the ASO river? :lol:

ASO had enough of Froome, everything is allowed to prevent him winning. Including keeping eyes closed to non Sky teams motor doping.
  • EnacheV

lol. does it matter? look at his name.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Neither clip I've seen is conclusive, yes he probably was drinking but it's possible he just poured some water on his face and chest which on these climbs can make a difference.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,559
    God doesn't forbid a French UCI President. She's allowed two of them before... albeit in different eras.
  • EnacheV
    Neither clip I've seen is conclusive, yes he probably was drinking but it's possible he just poured some water on his face and chest which on these climbs can make a difference.

it doesn't matter how he used the water.
  • kingstongraham
    EnacheV wrote:

So they're basically all the same, like the Swiss ones with French sounding names are as well? They're all secretly French. Got it.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    EnacheV wrote:

it doesn't matter how he used the water.

Well if that's the case he should get 20 seconds - are you sure the rule is clear on that though?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,538
    Now I remember why I have some people on block.
  • 'those furriners all look the same to me'

jfc, what a bloody daft thread
  • Pross wrote:
    Now I remember why I have some people on block.

quite so
  • bobmcstuff
    EnacheV wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

ASO had enough of Froome, everything is allowed to prevent him winning. Including keeping eyes closed to non Sky teams motor doping.

I've missed this, sounds like a good laugh - Clinic thread on motor doping is alive with BS if anyone fancies.
  • EnacheV
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

I've missed this, sounds like a good laugh - Clinic thread on motor doping is alive with BS if anyone fancies.

give me a decent reason for why 11 people in 2017 rode Balle - Peyresoude combo faster than 2012.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    jfc, what a bloody daft thread

July, innit.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    EnacheV wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

give me a decent reason for why 11 people in 2017 rode Balle - Peyresoude combo faster than 2012.

They didn't have to wait for Wiggins.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    EnacheV wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

They replaced the road with a travelator?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    EnacheV wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Race situation? Weather? What point of the race the stage was? How many days after a rest day? How many hard stages before? How many hard stages after? Better bikes? Better nutrition? More advanced training?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    EnacheV wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Because they rode it slowly in 2012.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • kingstongraham
    The motors work better after a couple of gentle flat stages than they do the day after a 197km mountain stage.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    back in 2012 the previous day was an epic 200km Pau to Bagnères-de-Luchon high mountain stage and they were knackered

Wednesdays stage was a short, flat easy stage so the fat guys could win ..... I mean fast guys
  • bobmcstuff
    The motors work better after a couple of gentle flat stages than they do the day after a 197km mountain stage.

Haha.

It's amazing how stuff like that just gets ignored.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    EnacheV wrote:

Jeetje, you better never say a Flandrien is basically Dutch if you value your teeth.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    EnacheV wrote:

I don't know I climbed the Galibier faster in 2016 than I did in 2015 but climbed up to the Lautaret faster in 2015 than 2016.* Cycling is like that. :roll:

What a desperate load of klootzakken.

*Actually it was all to do with my motor, it only kicks in above 2,000m.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,646
    Pah, I love the argument that "his name sounds French"

Does that mean we can claim Tony Martin as English?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    Pah, I love the argument that "his name sounds French"

Does that mean we can claim Tony Martin as English?
    Gerry Adams
    Michael Collins
    George Washington
    William Wallace

All good English names
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    EnacheV wrote:

I don't know I climbed the Galibier faster in 2016 than I did in 2015 but climbed up to the Lautaret faster in 2015 than 2016.* Cycling is like that. :roll:

What a desperate load of klootzakken.

Shush don't bring the truth into it
  • EnacheV
    only god can save cycling from now on

watch and laugh from now on
  • Great thread revival. Would read again
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012