New disc rotors for giant defy

greenwoodpecker
greenwoodpecker Posts: 5
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi, I have a giant defy advanced pro 1 2015 which has I believe has 140mm 6 bolt rotors, I am replacing the wheels with a set of zipp 30 course wheels and need advice on what rotors I can use with this combination, I cannot find out what rotors are fitted to the current wheels. many thanks.

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Hi, I have a giant defy advanced pro 1 2015 which has I believe has 140mm 6 bolt rotors, I am replacing the wheels with a set of zipp 30 course wheels and need advice on what rotors I can use with this combination, I cannot find out what rotors are fitted to the current wheels. many thanks.

If it's 140mm 6-bolt rotor then you should just be able to fit any 140mm rotor that matches the wheel (6-bolt or centrelock on the Zipp?) and you'll be fine.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • donboogie
    donboogie Posts: 75
    Yes they are 140mm 6-bolt.
    As above, the first question is whether the Zipps accept centerlock or 6-bolt rotors.
    If they are 6-bolt, use your existing rotors and install them on the new wheels. If you need/want new rotors, TMK Shimano does not make a 140mm 6-bolt rotor, so you need to look to other brands; Sram, Hope, TRP.
    If the Zipp wheels take centerlock, look no further than the Shimano RT99 Ice-Tech rotors.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Avid Centreline are good rotors, and available in 140mm 6-bolt
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer