BMC Red

Cubehead555
Cubehead555 Posts: 18
edited July 2017 in MTB general
Anyone know a close match to BMC Red,I have a small chip on my Sport elite and want to try and touch it up,I have looked at all the Red touch up paints but there are so many different Reds.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Don't bother, it's an MTB, it should get frequant scratches and scrapes as honourable battle scars. Just ride it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Mountain bikes look better with a few scars. I hate the look of shiny new bikes.
  • Thanks for the replies
    I know it's meant to be dirty and have few scratches but I have only had the bike a month or so and somehow got a couple of chips on the left side chain stay and under the down tube.
    I'm hoping to take it to Halfords as they do a colour match only thought of it the other day.

Thanks
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Leave the marks, you'll only get more of them anyway and touch ups always look a bit rubbish.
    By the end of the first month, my Transition had a dent in the down tube from a rock strike, a big scuff on the top tube from a big crash and dozens of scratches from lots of fun in the alps. It looks better for it. Those scars are good memories.