Mountain bike for beginner

24_wake
24_wake Posts: 2
edited July 2017 in MTB beginners
Hi, in looking for a new bike as my bike is 7 years old and is starting to break, I will be mostly be using it for commuting and off roading, I've got my selection down to two bikes

Calibre two two
http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-two-t ... ke-p383858

Voodoo Bantu
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... Ar-B8P8HAQ

I can get 10% off the two two bringing it down to £360 is there another bike for around the same price that I have missed out on? Thanks in advance

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'd get the calibre. Not much in it, but probably a better fork, which makes a big difference.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I don't know the bike but if you want to start your adventure with mountain bike you should go to Scotland. I'm from London and I went to Scotland for holiday with some friends and the landscape is awesome, best place for riding and we meet Danny Macaskill the best bike rider in Scotland. You can check online.
  • cooldad
    I don't know the bike but if you want to start your adventure with mountain bike you should go to Scotland. I'm from London and I went to Scotland for holiday with some friends and the landscape is awesome, best place for riding and we meet Danny Macaskill the best bike rider in Scotland. You can check online.
    Have you been drinking?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    He's been in Scotland, it's compulsory to get hammered!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Fair point.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools