monday with x-rays

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Was tongue in cheek Pinno, i should have put a :wink: in. I read the reviews, they looks good. In the dark of winter I'll stick something more substantial on, though I got through this winter with a Michelin endurance on the back and a Schwalbe One on the front.
    Conti Gator Hardshells for me. On my second set and a perfect opearional record so far on London roads - famous last words.

..but I bet they roll like... Alligators.
    Like tyres actually :)

Not getting a visit from the puncture fairy in the badlands of South Londin is worth a bit of extra weight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Tell Stevo rides cruds given the shit ride of gators...
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Was tongue in cheek Pinno, i should have put a :wink: in. I read the reviews, they looks good. In the dark of winter I'll stick something more substantial on, though I got through this winter with a Michelin endurance on the back and a Schwalbe One on the front.
    Conti Gator Hardshells for me. On my second set and a perfect opearional record so far on London roads - famous last words.

Not getting a visit from the puncture fairy in the badlands of South Londin is worth a bit of extra weight.

I can understand that. Hoppy is still a w@nker though.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

They slippery when its wet though. My boss had a set, every time it rained, he fell off.

Pinno says paves. They look nicer than the GPs, similar price. Obvs if the first broken bottle I ride near causes multiple punctures, I'll set fire to the tyres, chuck them in next door's garden, p!ss on them, then post them to Pinno. He'll probably use ninja DIY skillz to turn them into some sort of chimney for his wood burner.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I can understand that. Hoppy is still a w@nker though.

I may be a w@nker, but surely not cos I've taken your advice?!
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

They slippery when its wet though. My boss had a set, every time it rained, he fell off.

I don't know why but that made me chuckle.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno says paves and so does Flan.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I may be a w@nker, but surely not cos I've taken your advice?!

You didn't though, you were winding me up.
  • hopkinb
    Ooh, I missed flan, soz flan.

I wasn't winding you up! Teh internetz is shyte for subtlety. I cancelled my order for a pair of GP 4000s and bought the paves. Sound perfect for the all weather communting on the shyte diesel slicked roads.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Ooh, I missed flan, soz flan.

I wasn't winding you up! Teh internetz is shyte for subtlety. I cancelled my order for a pair of GP 4000s and bought the paves. Sound perfect for the all weather communting on the shyte diesel slicked roads.

...and now you're trying to confuse me. I can't take it any more... waaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah.
  • pinno
    On the other hand, please refer to my previous post:
    Pinno wrote:
    I think you will like them...
  • hopkinb
    I'll take a pic when I get the tyres and put them on.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    He just needs some MTB skills. Bet he's a roadie.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno says paves.
    That should tell you never to buy paves
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    I also bought an ortlieb micro saddle bag with an ics clip cos my fizik one's zip disintegrated.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno says paves.

He has flat pedals and wears a bum bag instead of a cycling jersey. I'm not sure which category that puts him in!
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I also bought an ortlieb micro saddle bag with an ics clip cos my fizik one's zip disintegrated.

What do you put in it, miniatures? :D
  • hopkinb
    MTB skillz mainly seem to involve dealing with horse shyte, cow shyte, tree roots and intrusive rocks. Plus baggy clothing and peaked helmets. Gimme shiny lycra and smooth tarmac any day. :D
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno says paves.

He has flat pedals and wears a bum bag instead of a cycling jersey. I'm not sure which category that puts him in!

I can think of lots of categories.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

What do you put in it, miniatures? :D

:lol:

Not just now. Tube, levers, multi tool, patches. Once I'm back on the sauce, yep, a couple of minis of brandy.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    MTB skillz mainly seem to involve dealing with horse shyte, cow shyte, tree roots and intrusive rocks. Plus baggy clothing and peaked helmets. Gimme shiny lycra and smooth tarmac any day. :D

You missed sheep and enthusiastic Welsh landladies.

Watch out - he'll now post a silly DH video link.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You missed sheep and enthusiastic Welsh landladies.

Watch out - he'll now post a silly DH video link.

I could go for an undersexed Myfanwy, as long as she did a decent breakfast.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'll give you peaked helmets :)

2wqct3d.jpg
  • hopkinb
    You get done up like that to ride a bike? That's just an excuse to wear fetish gear and a stormtrooper hat!

:D
  • hopkinb
    Actually, I suppose you don't ride the bike, just point it downhill and yell fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk while trying not to collide with a tree or a Welsh pervert hiding in a bush. :D
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    i think they call it crudding, similar to dogging, they drive to secluded places, take pictures of each other doing things, then drive away again

:D
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Uncanny - have you two been there? :lol:
  • pinno
    There was some speculation as to what he was doing in that outfit but I think I worked that one out.

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13006444&start=940#p20174222