3T Stylus with Fizik carbon braided saddle rails???

londoncommuter
londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
pppp

Comments

• londoncommuter
    edited July 2017
    pppp
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    I'll take this posted please if it's still available? If you PM me your details and I'll make a payment via PayPal and send you my address.
  • londoncommuter
    bobones wrote:
    I'll take this posted please if it's still available? If you PM me your details and I'll make a payment via PayPal and send you my address.

I've sent you details but am still a bit sad about this. Those braided rails look lovely. Kium (or whatever name they've made up for boring old metal) is never going to look the same to me now. Darn.
  • bobones
    I've sent you details but am still a bit sad about this. Those braided rails look lovely. Kium (or whatever name they've made up for boring old metal) is never going to look the same to me now. Darn.
    It's going to a good home and will be well used and looked after, I assure you! I've been riding a black/red Selle Italia SLR Titanium on my good bike , but I have been getting a bit of soreness so have been thinking about a change. I have a white/green Arione on my Felt, which I know I get on with, so your lovely saddle is too much of a bargain to pass up, especially since they pretty hard to find these days. Thanks again.
  • kayodot
    kayodot Posts: 143
    Just on this (but it looks like I'm too late) - I'm running a Fizik Arione R1 with carbon braided oval (7x9) rails with a 3t Stylus LTD seatpost no problem - see the Q&A from CRC here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/3t-s ... prod131801

Once tightened to the correct torque (which I can't remember off the top of my head, I think it's around 6nm), the clamps "pull" the rails in to place.

I assume this is acceptable anyway... I've ridden 1000 miles or so on it and it's been fine...
  • londoncommuter
    Oh no! I don't suppose you could post up a picture?? Do the rails sit flat on the bottom of the cradle or are they being pinned from the side?
  • bobones
    Oh no! I don't suppose you could post up a picture?? Do the rails sit flat on the bottom of the cradle or are they being pinned from the side?

I was hoping you'd have shipped this to me by now since I have already paid you for it?