Fizik/Zipp/Deda bars

papajimbo
papajimbo Posts: 61
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm looking at Zipp Service Course Sl70, Fizik Cyrano R3 Bull and Deda Zero 100RHM for a Supersix Evo Hi Mod I've just put eTap on.

Anyone got comparative experience of these bars? Especially interested in getting a good, flat transition to the shifters. Aesthetic durability is important too.

Cheers

Comments

• FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    I have eTap and Deda Zero bars, work well. Not tried the others.
  • Have used both the zipp and Deda. Both are good quality, strong and lightweight. I have personally found the zipp offer the better transition to hoods, I had to position levers a little lower down on Deda bars which increased reach slightly (etap shifters).
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Can't comment of Zipp but Fizik aren't a great shape for SRAM shifters if you like the top of the hoods dead level with the top of the bars, Deda would be my preference.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    I have Zipp SL70 on my bikes and I love the shape and feel as I run 120mm stems, but they are stupidly stiff to be honest and can generate more road buzz than any other bar I have ridden on stiff frames.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Have used both the zipp and Deda. Both are good quality, strong and lightweight. I have personally found the zipp offer the better transition to hoods, I had to position levers a little lower down on Deda bars which increased reach slightly (etap shifters).

The reach to the shifters can be made smaller.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    papajimbo wrote:
    I'm looking at Zipp Service Course Sl70, Fizik Cyrano R3 Bull and Deda Zero 100RHM for a Supersix Evo Hi Mod I've just put eTap on.

Anyone got comparative experience of these bars? Especially interested in getting a good, flat transition to the shifters. Aesthetic durability is important too.

Cheers
    How did you put eTap on without bars?
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    SL70s are stiff and work well with the zipp sprint stem but are fairly buzzy! If you want a stiff platform they work well.

The alloy ones that is btw…

I’ve got SL70 aeros, and they eliminate buzz quite well.
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    I've got the Zero 100 bars, like them a lot. Planning to buy a set for my other bike too
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    I have cyrano bull bars with ST-R785 Shimano levers. I love the short reach from the tops to the hoods and the shallow drop and nice curve to the drops. I also shortened the drops by about and inch either side. The tops to hoods is a very flat transition the way I have them set up. I also finished them off with Hope expander bar ends in black, which are very classy...

PP