Cara

millerblade
millerblade Posts: 26
edited July 2017 in Your mountain bikes
Hi everyone,

This is my first ever adult bike. I got her 2nd hand and she is nothing fancy like you guys have. In fact I feel quite silly posting but at the end of the day I like my bike and im proud I have taken the step to help my slimming world weightloss journey with a bike to help me get fit.

My bike I have nicknamed Cara, she is a Carrera Vengeance and in amazing condition. I got her for £80 which I think was a bargain.

Ive only ridden her twice as only had her 3 days and im so sore LOL my sit bones feel so bruised!! Ive ordered some padded shorts.

I hope you like her x

adn5vp.png

2j2hlyu.png

Thanks for looking
Danielle

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Welcome.

Ride plenty and your butt will toughen up.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    change the seat to something more comfortable and you'll be fine.
  • Uber_Pod
    Uber_Pod Posts: 110
    Not everyone on here has really fancy bikes. Or even more than one!

It's a nice looking bike. It's a shame I can't find bargains like that round here...

When I got back on a bike (after a very long time!), I got bum ache while riding and could barely walk the next day because bits of my legs ached I never knew were there. It really doesn't take long to get over that. Even after a couple of weeks I could ride much longer/further and without the leg ache afterwards.
  • GedFoss
    GedFoss Posts: 18
    Nice looking bike. Have you got used to the gears yet?
    Hopefully you'll start to enjoy riding for the sake of riding, then the weight really will drop off! I recommend looking for some purpose-made trails once your confidence has built a bit. That's when a MTB is really in its element. Happy riding!
  • Die Hard with a Vengeance...........