My bikes...

Jayme
Jayme Posts: 48
edited March 2018 in Your road bikes
My first road bike, a Specialized Dolce

8tj69ZC.jpg
Entry level aluminium frame/carbon forks with an entry level shimano claris (mostly) groupset and tektro brakes
axis classic wheels and espoir sport tyres. Weighs about 9.5kgs
Not a bad bike, but basic. Being designated as the wet weather/winter/touring/out with the wife/headed into town bike, and will be fitted with mudguards and a rack as I've just put a deposit down on this:

bM60pYk.jpg

Sublime Zoku, carbon frame and forks, deda finishing kit, full 105 groupset, shimano rs10 wheels and vittoria zaffiro tyres. I'll be swapping out the tyres for conti gp4000s ii most likely. This will be the "best bike" used for club runs, social rides, commuting, sportives and the like. Weighs about 8kgs.

Comments

• mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Nice rides...get out and enjoy them.

Marshfield ice cream in the picture. Are you anywhere near Bristol or Bath??
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • Jayme
    mikeyj28 wrote:

Yep. Live in Bristol. That photo was taken somewhere along the two tunnels route while taking the bike for a test ride.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I'm in Bristol ... whats the two tunnels route ?

oh, and nice rides
  • Jayme
    fat daddy wrote:
    I'm in Bristol ... whats the two tunnels route ?

oh, and nice rides

Two Tunnels is in Bath. It starts near to the Lidl on Lower Bristol Road. Nice family day out route, with pubs and cafes. And takes in the longest disused railway tunnel in Europe at around a mile long.
  • agnello
    agnello Posts: 239
    Jayme wrote:
    mikeyj28 wrote:

Yep. Live in Bristol. That photo was taken somewhere along the two tunnels route while taking the bike for a test ride.

The Hope and Anchor?
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Eddy Merckx Strada
    Gios Compact KK
    Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
    Canyon CF CLX / Record
    Charge Plug 3
    Kinesis GF Ti disc - WIP...
  • Jayme
    agnello wrote:
    Jayme wrote:

The Hope and Anchor?
    Not a clue. Just some pub right on the route
  • mikeyj28
    agnello wrote:
    Jayme wrote:
    mikeyj28 wrote:

The Hope and Anchor?

I'm new(ish) to Bristol having just moved from over the border. isn't the long disused tunnel the one where some rather unsavoury people hang around trying to do people over/steal bikes etc? Or is it just an unfounded rumour?

Any nice cycle clubs around too? I have heard of North Bristol Cycle Club but am not sure of any others.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    loads of cycle clubs ... and oddly enough if you ride in one you discover half the people are also in the other clubs as well.

Bristol south and Bristol North are the 2 main more "conventional clubs" ... then you have the Audax club which ride regularily and do fun things like impromptu swim+chips ride after work ...... then you have the anti club, club that is Das Rad Klub, that is more like a bunch of mates getting together for a blast, no rules, and a lot more fun things like the Yo bike Olympics and social stuff based around cycling.

then there are the outer clubs like Clevedon District .... but they are so close to Bristol centre that its just another Bristol club

but any one of them and you will meet riders from the other clubs as well ... its all rather close knit
  • mikeyj28
    fat daddy wrote:
    loads of cycle clubs ... and oddly enough if you ride in one you discover half the people are also in the other clubs as well.

Bristol south and Bristol North are the 2 main more "conventional clubs" ... then you have the Audax club which ride regularily and do fun things like impromptu swim+chips ride after work ...... then you have the anti club, club that is Das Rad Klub, that is more like a bunch of mates getting together for a blast, no rules, and a lot more fun things like the Yo bike Olympics and social stuff based around cycling.

then there are the outer clubs like Clevedon District .... but they are so close to Bristol centre that its just another Bristol club

but any one of them and you will meet riders from the other clubs as well ... its all rather close knit

Thank you for the response :) .Would you describe them as quite 'clicky' or open to newbies and quite welcoming?
  • Jayme
    I'm a member of Salt and Sham in Keynsham, whose motto is 'collective cycling' with groups catering to all levels on club runs, plus TTs, racing, and cyclocross if that's your scene. There is a no on3 gets dropped attitude. Club runs on Saturday morning leaving from Ashton Way in Keynsham at 7am. We will regularly have 100+ on a run.
  • Jayme
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    I'm new(ish) to Bristol having just moved from over the border. isn't the long disused tunnel the one where some rather unsavoury people hang around trying to do people over/steal bikes etc? Or is it just an unfounded rumour?

You're thinking of the tunnel on the Bristol to Path railway path. Occasionally there are unsavoury types hanging about, but it's okay most of the time, and I cycle the entire length of the path to work 3-4 days/week. The woman in the article in the post recently is a friend of mine. PCSOs have stepped up patrol of the area recently as well.
  • Jayme wrote:
    We will regularly have 100+ on a run.

Bloody hell
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Jayme

Bloody hell

It is split into several groups, with speeds ranging from 12-13mph to around 22mph for the fastest bunch.
  • Jayme
    So I've updated the wheels on my Sublime. DTSwiss R23s with gp4000s for tyres. The RS010s and rubino pros went on my speicalized, which is now also fitted with rack, panniers, and mudguards for winter bikes, commuting and a bit of light touring purposes.

29213860_931781107695_7365698441093054464_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeE6F4hGPBlhcKF_2aSUMXNHgTBrCs1KBGyz9QC2-iZi5vgRpVZUXIpo1tYkFpDwIgRYuO1nQJskWbABiAqUKP7MO_yoCxKh7ctk_gi2ALs3PA&oh=6a73e990e5fee34055faf750568c441e&oe=5B3D0118

29871643_935103175245_6352322427381140218_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeFMAYgE25XtB8PP3NPuwM-qdSIQn6BdvRL6ZoAN47ajfqcbWiO2DfFR3tmBSSHMFBhzuBzWEDt6ohGmcxJ7s-sgXH-2XJQiW_YORv1gvIPOxg&oh=c4c02f354dd737303859cd6f8047126c&oe=5B29025B