Garmin 1000 Route Guidance

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited July 2017 in Commuting chat
Been doing a lot of different rides with the club lately and have saved some of the routes as courses in the Garmin so I can do the routes on my own.

When following a course I get a pop up at the bottom of the screen telling me when the next junction is (which is accurate) but the pop up doesn't go for ages, it sits on the screen for about 30 seconds. Now this isn't really a problem...unless the route has 2 junctions in close proximity, it doesn't show the 2nd one until it's too late.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible to turn the guidance arrow thing off at the bottom?

Comments

• Been doing a lot of different rides with the club lately and have saved some of the routes as courses in the Garmin so I can do the routes on my own.

When following a course I get a pop up at the bottom of the screen telling me when the next junction is (which is accurate) but the pop up doesn't go for ages, it sits on the screen for about 30 seconds. Now this isn't really a problem...unless the route has 2 junctions in close proximity, it doesn't show the 2nd one until it's too late.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible to turn the guidance arrow thing off at the bottom?

My Garmin 800 (non touring) does this but you can cancel the message by touching the screen?
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Been doing a lot of different rides with the club lately and have saved some of the routes as courses in the Garmin so I can do the routes on my own.

My Garmin 800 (non touring) does this but you can cancel the message by touching the screen?

Correct, yes you can and that's what I do (same as if I get a text or phone call message). I don't really use the functionality ( I think) so was going to try without it if I could. At least it's not just me!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Yup - it's irritating - especially if the GPS signal isn't great so the messages are lagging
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Can you just not use guidance and follow the route trail on the map (I do this and choose a bright colour for the trail, different from the road colour!)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    yeah proper annoying feature of garmins that, they need an option to disable the popups
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.