Canyon Ultimate vs Canyon Endurace

Countrystock
Countrystock Posts: 31
edited July 2017 in Road buying advice
Advice please

I currently ride a Planet X Pro Carbon XL. I'm looking to upgrade and Canyon have some great deals at the moment. Did originally like the look of their endurace range but noticed a bike from their Ultimate range with di2 which I'm seriously tempted with.

Is there a big difference in these 2 models????

I'm a casual rider doing the odd sportive.

Thanks

Comments

• torino
    torino Posts: 46
    There is a difference in geometry. Endurace is upright, relaxed position. Ultimate is more aggressive, but not that much. What is the stack/reach measures of the frame you are currently riding?
  • torino wrote:
    There is a difference in geometry. Endurace is upright, relaxed position. Ultimate is more aggressive, but not that much. What is the stack/reach measures of the frame you are currently riding?

Currently riding a Planet X Pro Carbon. Stack measures 590mm. Measure 579 on a large frame for the Canyon
  • torino
    torino Posts: 46
    So your current bike has a stack=590, reach=405, and the Ultimate CF SL size L will give you stack=579, reach=395. Seat angle is a bit steeper on the Ultimate (73.5 vs 72.5). I think it is doable, unless you already have a spacer tower in your current bike, then you will run out of steerer tube in the Ultimate. How many spacers you have in your current bike? What is the stem length? You might need 10mm longer stem, but it is really sensible because the seat angle is a bit steeper on the Ultimate.

This all assuming you are happy with your current fit and want to preserve it.