'ning

go for a ride, cafes, collect some stuff

slump in heap and watch tdf
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Good night at the beer festival followed by the local

Today is a run with a pal and then pick up the eldests pal and probably go kayaking
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    TLW1 wrote:

Today is a run with a pal and then pick up the eldests pal and probably go kayaking

Anything to avoid riding a bike, eh?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,413
    TLW1 wrote:

And spending time with the Missus.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Eurosport TDF coverage starts at 11am, this could be a long day.

*24 hrs
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Got a few things to do on the job front then headed North early evening to carry on with the house clear out and visit my old dear. Will see how far I get through my new CD collection in the next couple of days.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    The TdF is going to have to come a long way to be as good as this years Giro. Or any year's Giro for that matter.
    Let's hope for really bad weather or something unexpected to spice it up.
    General toots duties for me today.
    Hoping the weather holds out or i'll be resigned to the soft play area.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Waiting for the Missus to shave her bits nicely so we can have some sexy time. Pub then restaurant, no kids, lovely sunny day :D
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Waiting for the Missus to shave her bits nicely so we can have some sexy time. Pub then restaurant, no kids, lovely sunny day :D

On occasion, I shave my OH's bits :wink:
    You missed a trick there.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    Guy's to much information and excitement will give people a heart attack :lol::lol: Fancy letting the garden get out of control to point it needs shaving. :roll:

Yes, we should really think about the health and well being of the more 'mature' brackateers.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

If you have to shave her norks you should probably keep quiet about it :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I tried that once and drew blood, never again!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Got out on the bike again today - bloody seatpost slipped on a bump though and I was riding with cobbled together kit so no Allen key.

Tough on the ward. Only 3 kids in and the other two aren't expected to last more than a couple of days. Eve doing well still though.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Good news for young Miss MRS , terrible for the other kids and their families.
    Woke up with a bit of a sore head this morning, thankfully no grief off the trouble, she just laughed at me. Had to pretend I wasn't hungover. Bought a car, not the one I wanted having been dicked about royally by the dealer, but 3 grand cheaper makes it worthwhile.
    Now trying to get the boy sorted for his holiday on Tuesday.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:

Getting jiggy at the pub and the restaurant? Quite a liberal outlook around Wimbledon even by metropolitan standards.
    Mind you, even if I got the chance, I would have to choose. Pub OR restaurant :(
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Woke up with a bit of a sore head this morning, thankfully no grief off the trouble, she just laughed at me. Had to pretend I wasn't hungover. Bought a car, not the one I wanted having been dicked about royally by the dealer, but 3 grand cheaper makes it worthwhile.

Johnnies and cash. That's all he'll need. Oh, and a passport. Otherwise, shorts, a couple of shirts and some hair gel. I went on a holiday like that after leaving school, I moved into the tent of one of the holiday reps after 4 nights. She smelt miles better than 7 other 18 year old lads cooped up in a static home, and she made me crisp and mayonnaise sarnies before going off to work in the mornings. I got some grief, but it was definitely worth it.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bought a car, not the one I wanted having been dicked about royally by the dealer, but 3 grand cheaper makes it worthwhile.
    Waddaya get then?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Johnnies and cash. That's all he'll need. Oh, and a passport. Otherwise, shorts, a couple of shirts and some hair gel. I went on a holiday like that after leaving school, I moved into the tent of one of the holiday reps after 4 nights. She smelt miles better than 7 other 18 year old lads cooped up in a static home, and she made me crisp and mayonnaise sarnies before going off to work in the mornings. I got some grief, but it was definitely worth it.

I know fashion often goes full circle but is that back in vogue already?
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bought a car, not the one I wanted having been dicked about royally by the dealer, but 3 grand cheaper makes it worthwhile.
    Waddaya get then?
    Got a petrol smax 2.0 turbo jobby, full leather and a few toys. Unfortunately only 200bhp, not as many of the 240 ones around. The unnecessary extra horses would have been nice.
  • pinno
    A Fraud?! I would never have thought that you would ever buy a Fraud.
    'Turbo Jobby' has an entirely different meaning in Scotland.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I know fashion often goes full circle but is that back in vogue already?

12 year old step son uses gallons of it. Might be cos he's 12 though.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Did gel ever go out of vogue?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    edited July 2017
    I used Black and White hair wax. When I had hair. It smelt beautiful and probably made me look like Jason Donovan if the truth be told.
    Eventually, the stuff would build up in your hair and the only way to get it out was with washing up liquid.

Youth (apart from a few cases, exemplified in here) is a condition which cures itself.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I went on a holiday like that after leaving school, I moved into the tent of one of the holiday reps after 4 nights. She smelt miles better...

You do know that it is traditional to post pictures of past flames in here, don't you?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I went on a holiday like that after leaving school, I moved into the tent of one of the holiday reps after 4 nights. She smelt miles better...

You do know that it is traditional to post pictures of past flames in here, don't you?
    I wish I had one. This was 1992. I've lived several lives since then. She was called Charlie. She was from Notts but lived in Kendal. Lovely girl.
  • pinno
    You had your mint cake and you ate it.

I'll get my coat.
  • veronese68
    FWIW I'm pretty sure the lad doesn't use hair gel, or any other similar type product. Just had a mop of floppy blond hair that Piña would die for.
    He said it feels really strange not having any school work to do, so has gone to the pub.
  • pinno
    edited July 2017
    Veronese68 wrote:
    He said it feels really strange not having any school work to do, so has gone to the pub.

Delete the word 'school' and he just might be the stereotypical chip off the old block.

Didn't rain today and we got through the washing back log. Tricky got wet in the sea unintentionally and shivered for a while. I had to sit her on my lap and keep her warm or her picnic would never had reached her mouth.
    Gone very cloudy here. What's it like over there Gazza?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

And spending time with the Missus.

:)

Run failed after feck all distance as my pals leg still isn't right, so after a load of jobs I CYCLED to meet the WIFE and did some padling - all good until a swan decided to attack
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

I'll get my coat.
    Oh, I did. She was very vocal. I think that's why she made me crisp and mayo sarnies. I was 18 and very keen to learn.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I'll get my coat.
    Oh, I did. She was very vocal. I think that's why she made me crisp and mayo sarnies. I was 18 and very keen to learn.

"Wake up Maggie, I think I have something to say to you..."

We all had to start somewhere.