Bike build headset question

Philapino
Philapino Posts: 26
edited July 2017 in Workshop
Hello,

I'm currently building a Planet X EC130 and am really confused about what I need to buy. I've got the frame, fork, carbon headset bung and a stem. What else do I need? I think I need this http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HSNECB52/neco-373m-b52-tapered-headset and a headset, right?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm itching to get in the saddle, thanks.

Comments

• Check the planet x site for your frame or one of the complete builds of your model it lists the full build including what headset you need. I think it's the FSA No 42 one.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    It is most likely the one you mention, a generic headset series for tapered steerers
    left the forum March 2023
  • Philapino
    Philapino Posts: 26
    Thank you both for your replies. Looking on their website you can spec the full bike with either the FSA no. 42 or the NECO one I've put the link in the original post. Think I'll go for the cheaper option at the moment with a mind to upgrade in the future.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Its a stock integrated tapered headset, have a shop around, mine cost me about £16 when building a PX frame up.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.