Banshee Spitfire??

JGTR
JGTR Posts: 1,404
edited July 2017 in MTB general
Anyone own a Banshee Spitfire? Interested in any feedback. Have a XC 29er, looking for a nimble trail bike. Loved the Whyte T130, very nimble and chuckabmr, but would like something less common. Bird Aeris was nice but felt a bit sluggish unless ridden at warp speed. Wondered how the Spitfire compares??

Any issues with reliability/spares?

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• wardy235
    wardy235 Posts: 106
    Have you considered an Airdrop Edit, there very capable bikes and customer service is second to none!
  • JGTR
    wardy235 wrote:
    Have you considered an Airdrop Edit, there very capable bikes and customer service is second to none!

I have looked at them but thy have been around for a while but still no reviews and hardly any information about them, plus they are miles away from me.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    what's up with buying a bike you like if its common?
  • IanWhite
    IanWhite Posts: 85
    Not sure how much cash you want to spend , but what about something from Cube ? , not too common and they look quite good

https://www.evanscycles.com/cube-stereo ... e-EV287469
  • JGTR
    POAH wrote:
    what's up with buying a bike you like if its common?

Nothing, just nice to have something different and look at other options.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I have previously owned a spitfire and it was probably the best 650b bike I have ever owned! Climbed well and was an absolute monster on the downs! It really picked above its weight! Mine was the version prior to this very latest model (2015/16) and was pretty heavy as far as frames go. The new model is a little bit lighter. I would happily buy another, in fact was a gnats cock away from dropping the dollar on one. Had they not been such bloody awful colours again!! Mine was stealth and the finish was great but it was anodised so rubbed and showed marks easily.

Get one you won't be disappointed
  • JGTR
    Thanks for the info.....what bike do you ride now out of interest?
  • russyh
    Yt Jeffsy is my trail bike buddy
  • JGTR
    Russyh wrote:
    Yt Jeffsy is my trail bike buddy

Oooooh nice, was looking at a Jeffsy, still not sure on 29 or 27.5 for a trail bike though :|
  • russyh
    I have gone 29 and not looked back. It's absolutely fantastic for me! So fast and stable, I use it for a few Enduro races too and to be honest I probably wouldnt Go back to 650b now.