New Bike Question

dhungerf
dhungerf Posts: 65
edited July 2017 in Road general
So I'm in the market for a new bike. I'd like Carbon, Electronic Shifters, Rim Brakes. My budget is about $5K.

Question:

How do I hide it from my wife?

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,499
    Make sure it's the same colour as the others and keep them apart from each other - she'll never know.
  • Keep one at home and one at the girlfriends
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Bullet1
    Bullet1 Posts: 161
    Singleton wrote:
    Make sure it's the same colour as the others and keep them apart from each other - she'll never know.

This - worked for me!
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    My biggest fear when i die is that my wife will sell my bikes for what i told her they cost!
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    YiannisM wrote:
    My biggest fear when i die is that my wife will sell my bikes for what i told her they cost!
    But as you will be dead you won't care :)
  • JakeJ
    JakeJ Posts: 151
    Cervelo S3 with ultegra Di2 can be had for around that much.

Or even an S5 but no Di2..
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    I showed my other half the Red CAAD 8 Sora in the sale that i had no intention of buying ;)
    She gave me the green light, so i bought the Red SuperSix Ultegra I really wanted. It all looks the same to her :)
  • froze
    froze Posts: 203
    There is an odd bike called the Eddy Merckx Mourenx 69 that has all the features you wanted, plus a robust frame with Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels, the review says it handles fantastically like a true pro racing bike yet it's an endurance bike. This bike is so fast that your wife will never see it. Of course you may have to find last years model to get rim brakes.

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/eddy-me ... a-di2-bike
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    If you can't decide what bike you want, you shouldn't be spending 5k