Road menace

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Are they sure its a buzzard ? It doesn't look big enough.

And christ - I'd be changing my route. It's not so much the bird that worries me - but look how he veered all over the road.

I know Magpies in Oz and NZ can be very aggressive to cyclists. We do get off lightly here.
  • herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    I've read about cases like this before. Not unique. Must be quite scary I imagine.

I have had a buzzard fly parallel to me for a few hundred yards on a ride, literally just a few feet away. It was a real joy! Buzzards are big birds. Glad it was not aggressive.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I'm sure that's old footage from a few years ago. Defo a Buzzard, they aren't that big. See them quite regularly and Kites, but they pay us no attention and fly off rather than get too close.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    The Milwich Buzzard (sounds better and more sinister) has deff been active this season...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Used to be a famous psycho buzzard near Perth where I worked a good few years back - I was buzzed by it while out running in the woods on a few occasions, it did actually draw blood on a few people. You can still see the old hubcaps on the fence posts that were put on in an attempt to keep it away.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The buzzards round here are massive. Maybe there's different types.
  • paulwood
    paulwood Posts: 231
    Could be worse if you ride in Alaska

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 974479e949
  • Looks like a Sturgeon. They can be a ****in pain in the ass.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    Looks like a Sturgeon. They can be a ****in pain in the ass.
    Didn't know that you, or she, were into that.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.