The logical end point of road cameras, and it's not pretty

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    And in case you're thinking "this sounds rather like fiction"

DDUq5ymWsAApeGM.jpg:large
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    George Orwell simply got the year wrong in his vision of the future.
    Which appears to be worryingly accurate.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I know a bloke here who's developed a facial recognition application for cafes, so that when customers walk in, their name and regular coffee order appears on the screen for the barista...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    I know a bloke here who's developed a facial recognition application for cafes, so that when customers walk in, their name and regular coffee order appears on the screen for the barista...
    What's wrong with their own firkin eyes!! When I worked at my local, you'd recognise the face yourself and start pouring, not rely on tech to direct you.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Is that facial recognition or just a camera though?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    What do they do with the wasted coffee when the customer, not being a dreary knobhead who always orders the same thing, orders something different?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Tashman wrote:
    What's wrong with their own firkin eyes!! When I worked at my local, you'd recognise the face yourself and start pouring, not rely on tech to direct you.
    As it should be. I worked in a pub a little over 30 years ago and there was a chap that came in every night and drank 2 pints of Special and a bottle of Old Nick. I went in there a couple of months ago for the first time in many years, no prizes for guessing what he was drinking.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Tashman wrote:
    As it should be. I worked in a pub a little over 30 years ago and there was a chap that came in every night and drank 2 pints of Special and a bottle of Old Nick. I went in there a couple of months ago for the first time in many years, no prizes for guessing what he was drinking.

G&T?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • SME
    SME Posts: 348
    PBlakeney wrote:
    George Orwell simply got the year wrong in his vision of the future.
    Which appears to be worryingly accurate.

And next will be THX1138 !
  • inbike
    inbike Posts: 264
    The new EU GPDR will put a stop to a lot of this when it comes into force.

Explicit consent will be required, and it has to be as easy to remove consent as give it. If you ask for your history to be deleted from the system then it has to be done.

Even the police will only get limited exceptions to this.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Tashman wrote:

Immunosuppressive medication to make sure his body doesn't reject his new liver?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rick_chasey
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Tashman wrote:

Immunosuppressive medication to make sure his body doesn't reject his new liver?

The salted tears of his own shame?
  • pblakeney
    inbike wrote:

Explicit consent will be required, and it has to be as easy to remove consent as give it. If you ask for your history to be deleted from the system then it has to be done.

Haven't you heard about Britain's relationship with the EU?
    I believe that there is a thread on the matter. :lol:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    inbike wrote:

Er EU? Didn't we just tell them to fark off?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • How car makers created the jaywalking laws

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26073797
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cooldad wrote:

Er EU? Didn't we just tell them to fark off?

Yeah but the leave campaign said we can still have access to the single market, still have the same immigration laws, still have the same protection, still have the same human rights legislation in fact everything will be the same, but we don't pay anything ... so we will be covered :mrgreen:
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    How car makers created the jaywalking laws

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26073797

Thanks for linking that, Really interesting article.
  • inbike
    inbike Posts: 264
    PBlakeney wrote:
    inbike wrote:

Haven't you heard about Britain's relationship with the EU?
    I believe that there is a thread on the matter. :lol:

Well, quite. If we vote to :oops: ourselves then we shouldn't be surprised to get :oops: 'd on a regular basis.

But the GPDR should be in force before Brexit so it'll probably stick around until someone induces our politicians to remove it.
  • jsisidore
    jsisidore Posts: 123
    Wanted posters, bounty hunters and public shaming could have a comeback :lol:
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    If the resurgence of Bounty Hunters means a new series of the Fall Guy - I'm all over this.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    inbike wrote:

GDPR even :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rick_chasey
    Pre-crime.

DFWVNSKUIAEY0Hs.jpg:large
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Pre-crime.

DFWVNSKUIAEY0Hs.jpg:large
    Whoa!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    I'd love to know if I'm about to commit a crime.
  • pblakeney
    Should keep Tom Cruise busy.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    http://news.163.com/photoview/00AP0001/ ... 0AP0001NOS

Chinese authorities now use facial recognition to check to see if you're using too much bog roll.
  • Logical end point of all of this: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/chinese- ... y-invasion
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • rick_chasey
    There's a black mirror episode that is exactly that.