New Groupset Advice

DonLykeB
DonLykeB Posts: 34
edited June 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys,

Been getting a lot better at doing my own bike maintenance as I've just about started getting into mountain biking a couple months back.

Anyways, I'm thinking of upgrading the groupset on my Boardman Mountain Comp 2016, I think the bike comes stock with an SRAM 2x10 Speed.

I've been looking at this as the upgrade: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... prod147736

I've got a budget of £5-600, is the above a worthy upgrade or should I look elsewhere/ go higher in price for a better value upgrade. Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• I wouldn't. You could get a new Boardman with sram 1 x11 gearing and air fork if you save a bit more. You would notice a wheel upgrade far more in my experience. Use what you have until it wears out and then consider upgrading. 2 months isn't a lot of riding.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Upgrading to full XT doesn't make much economical sense.
    You may be better off selling your bike and adding the money to the £600 you already have and buying a new bike.
    Have a look on Paul's Cycles and see what you could get for your budget.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009