TF2 as a chain lube ?

bristolpete
bristolpete Posts: 2,255
edited June 2017 in Workshop
Anyone use TF2 as a chain lube instead of bespoke chain lube ? I clean the bike regularly and notice that most lubes turn the chain black within a few miles. Can TF2 be used as a chain lube, little and often type thing ? If no, can anyone recommend a decent lube that does not turn black quickly.

Thanks.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I googled TF2 and er it's a chain lube ?

Little and often is better than having thick oil that forms a grinding paste. Bung some on a rag and run the chain through
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    True, it is a competitor to GT85 to my mind and never used that as a lube, hence the question.

Thanks for the tip, noted, though been doing like that since 1985 LOL :-)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    TF2 is a brand (of Weldtite), and they make oils, greases, silicon sprays and chain lube. So if you get the right TF2 it will work.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    cooldad wrote:
    TF2 is a brand (of Weldtite), and they make oils, greases, silicon sprays and chain lube. So if you get the right TF2 it will work.
    ^^^This^^^^^^
    I use TF2 Dry wax on the Road/CX bikes and have yet to have a black chain.
    They do a full range of bike Lubes.
  • jermas
    jermas Posts: 484
    If you go to Wilkinsons, their own brand cycle stuff is actually manufactured by Weldtite. It's identical apart from the packaging. They sell the aerosol version of Tf2 as well as the all weather stuff very cheaply.