Help a newbie to choose a first mtb

Kristupas
Kristupas Posts: 6
edited June 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hello everyone !
As I already said , i'm a total null in mtb's and i need to choose my first mountain bike. My budget is pretty tight though , 400 pounds is my limit . My favourite right now would be the Calibre Two.Two from gooutdoors.com for 399 pounds (but they oftenly put it up for sale , so i will wait for that ) :

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-two-t ... ke-p383858

But gooutdoors have just dropped the price of Mondraker Phase 27.5 to 399 pounds , so 25 % of the original price . So i think its a pretty good bargain , but i dont know if the bike is good as much as the deal.:

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/mondraker-pha ... ke-p404798

Opinions on which bike would be the best is what i need from you guys . But if you know any other , better bike for the same price , please lwt me know .

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Mondraker is rubbish value to even that price, the fork is aweful and expected to be seen on bikes costing £200-250 - avoid.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Kristupas
    Kristupas Posts: 6
    The Rookie wrote:
    The Mondraker is rubbish value to even that price, the fork is aweful and expected to be seen on bikes costing £200-250 - avoid.

Thanks for the response man , so the Two.Two it is ! Got any other bike in mind for that price that you would recomend ?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It's always worth a look at Halfords at that price point, and Decathlon.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    The Rookie wrote:
    It's always worth a look at Halfords at that price point, and Decathlon.

This is the best advice as you get good value for your money with a little research.