Which 22 36 double crankset?

kirkee
kirkee Posts: 369
edited June 2017 in MTB buying advice
Im upgrading my existing crankset and require a 22 36 ratio 10 spd double crankset. I am looking at either a Sram Gxp x9 or a Shimano Deore, both are similarly priced online at around £80 without bb. Any advice on which to go for, or others out there worth considering is appreciated. My bike takes an eng bb 73mm shell. Cheers
Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kirkee
    Thanks, would you get the Deore over the Sram x9 or would i be wise to spend the extra 20 on tne Sram as its more heavily discounted? Is the x9 better spec?
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    X9 is better spec and will be lighter than the Deore chainset.
    However, SRAM/Truvativ chainrings are stupidly expensive so long term you may be better off buying a Shimano chainset now as it will be cheaper when you need to replace the rings.
    I would go for Shimano SLX or XT.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • kirkee
    Thats handy to know, cheers. There was me thinking I may get a nice new bit of kit cheap, but theres a catch after all!