Mavic 823

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited June 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All

After riding Llangollen DH today I've noticed 2 loose spokes in my rear wheel, Hope Pro 2 hub and Mavic 823 rim, the rim has an eyelet which looks like a small nut, I think these are so the rim is run tubeless.

Do I tension the spoke in the same way as other wheels I've done, just with the nipple or dose the nut/eyelet come into play as well.

http://www.prowheelbuilder.com/mavic-ex ... k-rim.html

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It's part of UST, not tubeless, as you can see in the graphic in that link, the spoke is held into the rim by a hollow bolt (it's not an eyelet at all) and the inner of the two walls is solid with no spoke holes (hence why the spoke has to enter the rim from the side facing the hub not the usual tyre side).

But to answer your question, yes just do it as usual.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • iwilldoit
    iwilldoit Posts: 710
    Cheers Rookie.
    Think he has flat spotted his rim and that's why the spokes have come loose :(
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    that's good to hear I was wondering the same thing on my en821 mavic wheels as I've got some spokes that need re tensioning.