POC Glasses/Helmet compatibility

BurntHoosier18
BurntHoosier18 Posts: 27
edited June 2017 in Road general
Considering getting the POC DO Blades, but worry about cross-branding it with another helmet?

Does anybody wear these glasses with a Synthe, Mixino, or Protone? I think the glasses look great, but I wonder if the frame shape would look a bit awkward on another helmet than the Octal.

Speaking of frame shape, I wonder how long it is before we are marketed aero-shaped carbon fiber glasses? :lol:

Comments

• DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Christ.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,271
    Poser
    left the forum March 2023
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    Indeed.
    If you like them, buy them. If not, don't.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • DavidJB wrote:
    Christ.

Worth a question considering the Octal has such a weird shape and the glasses were built for that helmet. Nobody stocks POC in my area either...I'm surprised you cared enough to hit 5 keys.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Well my oakleys don't fit with my poc helmet so I think it's a perfectly valid question!!

The arms are too long on the oakleys so am assuming the poc ones are shorter...and will probably fit other helmets fine
  • pblakeney
    Confused.com.
    Does your head change size or shape depending on which helmet you wear?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    Confused.com.
    Does your head change size or shape depending on which helmet you wear?

Size is relative to helmets since not all manufacturers use the same sizes, so yeah. Some helmets I'm a medium and others a large. That being said, every helmet I own is a different shape.

Basically what CookeeeMonster said, my Oakleys fit one of my helmets great. A few years back I didn't get the Octal because the helmet was fit so low it would bump my Radars down a little. I think the POC glasses look clean, but wonder if they would fit something else a little weird like the helmet did.
  • pblakeney
    I read it wrong. Obviously his Oakleys are the wrong size. :oops:
    I am the opposite as helmets never come close to my glasses.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Ffs wear them on your face.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    OP has a point. Some glasses don’t work with some helmets. Not rocket science.

I have a Kask protone and it doesn’t easily play ball with my rudy projects. In fact it’s a faff. With my met rivale the glasses are fine (and for me its actually a better lid).
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991

Generally people read the thread before commenting...but as I'm a nice guy, I'll bring you up to date. Some helmet/glasses combinations simply don't work: in my case my oakley 'arms' push against the rear of the poc helmet which comes down lower than other helmets I have, therefore I can't wear them without being very uncomfortable.
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    I've got some POC Half Blades which work great with my Synthe and Specialized helmets. If that helps.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

Generally people read the thread before commenting...but as I'm a nice guy, I'll bring you up to date. Some helmet/glasses combinations simply don't work: in my case my oakley 'arms' push against the rear of the poc helmet which comes down lower than other helmets I have, therefore I can't wear them without being very uncomfortable.
    shorten the arms, cable cutters will do the trick.