Top TOP tip for Garmin users

plymouthsteve
plymouthsteve Posts: 136
edited June 2017 in Road general
So simple.
Having made the same mistake as many of us by riding away after pausing at a stop, but forgetting to unpause. Resulting in milesvthat 'never happened '...
When you puse your Garmin, turn it 180 degrees in the mount so that its upside down.
Now if you forget to unpause it, you'll remember as soon as you look at the screen!

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Anyone who forgets to un-pause their Garmin will probably have forgotten to turn it through 180 as well.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Or just use auto-pause?
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Make sure there is sufficient charge in the battery before venturing out on a long ride
  • Bless
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    his little cotton socks.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Is there a solution to forgetting to take it off autopause when you put the bike in the car, resulting in KOMs that "never happened"?
  • davesnothere
    davesnothere Posts: 620
    Is there a solution to forgetting to take it off autopause when you put the bike in the car, resulting in KOMs that "never happened"?

Yes I did this the other day. You can crop your ride afterwards but not from phone. You need to log in from web browser
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Also hides your speeding from lurkers.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    you put the bike in the car, resulting in KOMs that "never happened"?

ahhh, the last time I did this, it was the opposite of winning KOMS .... I only noticed I had left the gps on because my average speed for the ride was 14mph and I might be slow, but I am not that slow ..... the joys of driving in Bristol :?