Giant TCX Slr advice

sopworth
sopworth Posts: 191
edited June 2017 in Cyclocross
Hi

I've the opportunity to pick up a Giant TCX frameset locally at a good price. It's a few years old (mainly white with blue graphics) and when it was new it came with mechanical disc brakes.

My question to anyone who may know much about the frameset and hydro brakes is will this frame take the hydraulic cable to run front and back hydro brakes, both using the internal and fork cable guides? I'm coming from a road and TT background so haven't delved into hydro brakes before but I have been using a borrowed cyclocross bike for some months now and the mechanical disc brakes are horrible and not something I wish to run on a self build.

My intention is to build the bike to run hydraulic brakes and a 1x11 set up - does anyone see any setup issues with this (other than personal preference for 2 x 11 etc)?

Any advice gratefully received.
S

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    The same cable runs that the wires/cables went through should also be able to accommodate hydro lines, if that's what you are asking. If running hydro internally, you will obviously need to split/re-join/bleed the lines once fitted.
  • sopworth
    sopworth Posts: 191
    Imposter wrote:
    The same cable runs that the wires/cables went through should also be able to accommodate hydro lines, if that's what you are asking. If running hydro internally, you will obviously need to split/re-join/bleed the lines once fitted.

Yes, that is basically what I was asking - thank you. I remember when SRAM brought out the Hydro range for rim brakes and a club buddy bought some but the hose for the hydro brakes was much thicker than normal brake cable housing and he couldn't fit it through his frame so he ended up returning them. I don't want to buy a frame and be limited to running mechanical brake cable only.