D fly - gear info display going off

ashtons99
ashtons99 Posts: 110
edited June 2017 in Workshop
I fitted a D Fly on the bike last week, it seemed to work ok but on my last ride the display on my garmin which shows the gear position front and rear kept going off. It lights up 2 red segments when working properly but on occasions I would look down and it was off then back on again next time.

It also provides the Di2,battery percentage remaining which remains on so not sure whether that helps

I fitted the unit below the seat post battery in the down tube in my carbon TCR. Intuition tells me it's losing signal. Just wondering if that's the likely cause and how I could test/remedy it

Comments

• How often are you changing gear? It goes to sleep if not being used regularly and wakes up again at the next gear change.
  • ashtons99
    ashtons99 Posts: 110
    No, it's going off for long periods I've disconnected and re booted it all tonight, see how it goes
  • sextoke1
    sextoke1 Posts: 133
    ashtons99 wrote:
    No, it's going off for long periods I've disconnected and re booted it all tonight, see how it goes
    Have you got the new EW- WU111? I got this for a friend with a C60 and 6870 DI2. He has a 2015 Garmin 1000. We got it to work. Then we tried to get the bluetooth going with the etube on the mobile. I noticed something different on the 1000 but i returned or did some thing. Once I finished I noticed that we had no gear showing on the Garmin. When I went into to sensor it was flashing grey/blue. Tried loads of things. I then removed the connection and went for serch again. But no good. At the start he had 60% on the battery. Two days later when going for a ride the battery was flat. He disconnect the Ew-WU111 and charged the battery. Any ideas ?