Issue with new update 14 on Garmin 1000

nicube
nicube Posts: 175
edited June 2017 in Road general
Any of you guys updated to version 14 recently??

My Garmin keeps prompting me to update when I turn it on and each time I do it says it's unable to update!!
Tried doing it through my Mac last night on Garmin Connect which said no update available!!

Now it won't connect to my phone!!!

Any ideas??
LOOK 795 Aerolight Dura ace Di2
LOOK 675 Dura ace mechanical
LOOK 595 105
Cinelli Zydeco

Comments

• Wait until the bugs have been ironed out before updating to the latest version
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    @Nicube

Your unable to update symptom is indicative of a failed download (of the update file).

Attach to your computer. Browse in your file explorer application to your Edge. Into the Garmin folder... You'll see a file called GUPDATE.GCD and/or GUPDATE.TMP - you need to delete those. Empty trash. Eject your Edge, power it off & back on. Plug it back in and let Garmin Express try the update again.
  • nicube
    nicube Posts: 175
    @Nicube

Your unable to update symptom is indicative of a failed download (of the update file).

Attach to your computer. Browse in your file explorer application to your Edge. Into the Garmin folder... You'll see a file called GUPDATE.GCD and/or GUPDATE.TMP - you need to delete those. Empty trash. Eject your Edge, power it off & back on. Plug it back in and let Garmin Express try the update again.

Man of lard thanks for that appears to have worked a treat although it now says there is no update and it remains on version 13!! Unless Garmin have pulled the plug because of bugs.
    LOOK 795 Aerolight Dura ace Di2
    LOOK 675 Dura ace mechanical
    LOOK 595 105
    Cinelli Zydeco
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    It'll work it's crap out and push the update sooner or later. If not, a trip to http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/ (where you will find Edge_1000_1400.gcd or similar) - download the file rename it GUPDATE.GCD and place it in the Garmin folder on your Edge. Unplug and it should kick off the upgrade (well, announce that there is one and offer to upgrade)