Less draggy tyres/ summer tyres

steveca
steveca Posts: 16
edited June 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Looking for some less draggy tyres for summer, bike i purchased second hand has 2.4 maxxis minion dhr on at moment.
any tyre combo recommendations most welcome??

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Where do you intend riding?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • steveca
    steveca Posts: 16
    mainly south east uk at moment with odd trips off to wales
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Rocket Ron front, Racing Ralph rear I find to be a great summer combo (just swapped on).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I have just swapped the same combo on to my bike. Only done a couple of rides, but seem good.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    I've got maxxis ardent on my bike at minute pretty quick on hard pack and tarmac was a bit muddy in the woods up near win hill peak district last Tuesday but should have dried out by now.
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    My 29er came with the RRon/RRalph combo as standard - it was a fine all-year setup. I recently put a Maxxis HRII/Ardent combo on and it appears to be just as fine - not full-on bog-pluggers and they hum a bit on smooth going, but as a general purpose wet and dry trail setup they're working for me. I've just detubed them to, but yet to ride them since doing that.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere