Hunt wheels

hoody3000
hoody3000 Posts: 10
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying some Hunt 38 carbon clinchers, anybody using them at the moment that can give there opinion, I've done a bit of searching about but can't find to many reviews. Also open to alternatives in the same sort of price range.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• the_jackalcp
    the_jackalcp Posts: 276
    I know somebody with the 50s and he likes them a lot.

Having said that I think they are overpriced for what they are. Rims are fairly likely to be Chinese in origin, hubs almost definitely powerway which work but nothing fancy (and make one hell of a racket). Spokes, I think, are another cost saving decision. Most builders use sapim cx ray on similar wheels, assuming for reasons of reliability, quality etc.

I would look at a builder like DCR ( biased as i have several sets) or any of the other usual suspects.
    https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613

Having said that I think they are overpriced for what they are. Rims are fairly likely to be Chinese in origin, hubs almost definitely powerway which work but nothing fancy (and make one hell of a racket). Spokes, I think, are another cost saving decision. Most builders use sapim cx ray on similar wheels, assuming for reasons of reliability, quality etc.

I would look at a builder like DCR ( biased as i have several sets) or any of the other usual suspects.

This.

Have a look at the DCR or Cycle Clinic's carbon offering. Or maybe the Bax ones as reviewed by Bender.
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357

Agree, I had the 4 season wheels which were good, but very much generic Chinese components.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • paul1000
    paul1000 Posts: 190
    Have a look at spin industries, I have a pair of their 58's, fantastic wheels
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    Pretty sure Hunt use Novatec hubs as has been posted on here previously and on their Facebook page. I don't know about this specific wheel but they use Kinlin rims on their 4season disc wheelset.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC