Mash Up road bike

mr_eddy
mr_eddy Posts: 830
edited June 2017 in Vintage bikes forum
This is something I have put together and its currently used as a summer commuter bike. Given that its from spares and other bits from old projects it was never intended to be period correct - Just a solid bike built on a old frameset.

Based on a Giant Peloton Superlite bike that I got from Gumtree - Apart from some minor chips its in really good condition. I have kept the original RX100 brakes and the original RX Biopace chainset (although converted to single 42t). Rest of the spec is stuff I either had in the spares box or stuff I have got for good money on various websites.

Full spec:

Frame & Fork - Giant Peloton Superlite
BB - Shimano UN55
Chainset: Shimano RX Biopace 42t single ring
Wheels: Vision Team 35 with 25c Zaffiro Pro folding tyres
Rear Cassette: Sunrace 11-36 9x speed
Shifter: Sunrace 9 speed downtube shifter (indexed)
Rear Mech: Shimano Alivio MTB mech (MTB mech required to work with 36t lowest gear)
Bars: Original Sakae bars
Brakes: Original RX dual pivot (New pads and cables fitted)
Brake Levers: Generic drop levers - originals were too bashed up
Saddle: Sella Flo saddle (A bit chunky but so comfortable)

WEIGHT: Bike weighs in at 10.6kg inc saddle bag / lights and rear guard so probably 10kg without. Wheels are a bit too nice for this bike but at the moment its the only ones I have, If I come across some cheap workhorse wheels I may get them and put the Vision's away for dry days only.

The 9 speed 11-36 works brilliantly as a 1x system , I can get up most hills in the 36t and the 11t has me bowling along at 30+ MPH which is perfect for commuting. Touch wood so far not dropped the chain so not too worried about a chain keeper for now.

Other stuff is just basic stuff like Btwin cages and SKS rear guard.

IMAG0080_zpsb2oqlcbj.jpg

IMAG0082_zpsskgzjhvm.jpg