Superstar Components

JGTR
JGTR Posts: 1,404
edited June 2017 in MTB general
Deleted, inner chimp got the better of me :roll:

Comments

• Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    I have their Carbon AM wheels. After placing the order I got an email saying they were out of stock. I emailed them back saying I was disappointed (in very friendly terms). 10 minutes later I got an email back saying they didn't want to disappoint so they'd pull a set out of a small stock that they hold back for internal use. Wheels were with me next day and in perfect condition (and have been faultless since). Likewise, all the other kit I've bought off them - pedals etc. - were all delivered on time and in perfect condition.

Not disputing your experience, just offering my experience. I'd happily send my money to them again.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Unfortunate situation..

I hope they sort it out for you and surely you should be able to return the faulty ones and get them send you replacements better packaged and with the freehub/pawls in a bag/box of some sort?

Only ever used them for brake pads so can't fault them.

My orange has been out of action since march due to part availability woes, annoying.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Each to there own really, had brake pads before which are fine but not been impressed by the nano x pedals though but sorted that out easily enough.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    POAH wrote:
    what happened?

I had a bit of a rant then felt bad :roll:

Bought some Nanos a while back that had to go back as the bearings only lasted a handful of rides, new bearings not much better either. Ended up selling them and going back to clipless, no big issue, this stuff happens.

Second time using Superstar, I ordered new wheels a few weeks back, turned up damaged, rear out of alignment (very slightly I must admit) and front dished the wrong way. Sent them back and they repaired them (gave me 10% off for the damage). Just received them back and the freehub is in bits in bottom of the box with the pawls and adaptor missing.

Been without my bike for a couple of weeks now, going to be even longer :evil: I'm out of pocket as I've spent money on rim tape which has been removed and I've got to drive to the UPS depot again as I've lost faith in their product and customer service.