Power Torque removal tool

london-red
london-red Posts: 1,266
edited June 2017 in Commuting chat
So, I knew this day would eventually come, but there you go...

Does anyone in the Kingston area have a Power Torque crank arm removal tool that they can loan out for a short period of time in return for beer?

Comments

• bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    I came upon this thread a little late but if you want replacement PT bearings free then let me know. I got sent some from Wiggle by accident.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,157
    Not the answer you want but... I recommend removing the bottom bracket every 6 months to prevent binding. For regular maintenance you are as well to buy the tools. The Park Tools version works very well.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Not the answer you want but... I recommend removing the bottom bracket every 6 months to prevent binding. For regular maintenance you are as well to buy the tools. The Park Tools version works very well.

Very good advice to be heeded by everyone... but probably swerved by the vast majority whose idea of 'maintenance' is to run things to death.
    Why spend money on tools when you can have the best replica pro kit ...... just saying like.
  • london-red
    JGSI wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

Very good advice to be heeded by everyone... but probably swerved by the vast majority whose idea of 'maintenance' is to run things to death.
    Why spend money on tools when you can have the best replica pro kit ...... just saying like.

Of course, you're right - just don't like the cost of the thing. And what the hell's replica pro kit got to do with anything :roll:

Oh, and thanks for the responses everyone... Might look for a second-hand one.
  • london-red
    Bondurant wrote:
    I came upon this thread a little late but if you want replacement PT bearings free then let me know. I got sent some from Wiggle by accident.

Just dropped you a PM Bondurant 8)
  • mpdouglas
    mpdouglas Posts: 220
    I have the Park Tools PT crank arm removal tool and am in Long Ditton. I'm heading off to Glastonbury in the morning for the weekend but if you can wait, you are free to borrow when I'm back. PM me if you're interested. I switched to ultra torque after a while as I couldnt be doing with the hassle, especially as mine was Athena Carbon which is easily marked/marred even with the right puller.
    "The Flying Scot"
    Commute - Boardman CXR 9.4 Di2
    Sunday Best - Canyon Ultimate SLX Disc w/ DuraAce Di2
  • london-red
    mpdouglas wrote:
    I have the Park Tools PT crank arm removal tool and am in Long Ditton. I'm heading off to Glastonbury in the morning for the weekend but if you can wait, you are free to borrow when I'm back. PM me if you're interested. I switched to ultra torque after a while as I couldnt be doing with the hassle, especially as mine was Athena Carbon which is easily marked/marred even with the right puller.

The very day I order one of these https://www.toolsense.co.uk/facom-self-gripping-slim-two-2-leg-puller-with-slim-leg-u-301.html :roll:

Thanks for the offer though MP - appreciate it!
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    Not the answer you want but... I recommend buying SRAM, Shimano or any other sensibility designed cranks.

FTFY
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • london-red
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Not the answer you want but... I recommend buying SRAM, Shimano or any other sensibility designed cranks.

FTFY

But they haven't got the mystical cool of Campy, now have they...

I know I've got myself into this mess, but I used to run Shimano, then Sram and then tried Campy on a whim. I've been running Campy on one bike and Sram on my other for the past 3 years (or so) and I then noticed that riding my Sram equipped bike offers a much less enjoyable experience.

Totes true. Not at all about them being Italian or having a better name.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    The latest groupsets are reverting back to UT by the looks of it, releasing a new Centaur but as the low end model now replacing Veloce
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.