Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

PP numbers 3 &4

homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,702
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
PP#3 sold a little while ago and about a month ago (precisely 33 days) I went to a property auction as two houses were available at bottom dollar about 1/2 a mile from me.

First time buying like that but 28 days later and I now own two x 2 bed houses in a block
of four, an end and a middle.

Ex-council so in need of some TLC but have new roofs, fascias, widows and doors so a lot of the expensive stuff is done.

The plan is new boilers, tiling the bathrooms (suites are new),new kitchens and decorating throughout.


D753D7A3-B57C-4803-A7F2-85039218E759_zpszlra09v5.jpg

643D3B5D-D456-42F5-BE4A-D4A47C1C6075_zpss4bbxs6m.jpg

1E86C984-46F4-469B-AD22-FCD1A98D0D9E_zpsa3vvsvdo.jpg

270080D9-82B8-4244-93A1-B9AA2693132A_zps5hvlcrmj.jpg
Advocate of disc brakes.

Posts

  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,446
    Nice one (or two) and congratulations.

    It's handy that they are close, will you do the work yourself?


    The older I get, the better I was.

  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,702
    Some of it but for speeds sake some family friends are tradesmen so will let them have a crack at them. Two houses one day here and there will take a fair amount of time and in this case time is money so the quicker they're done the better.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Now that's a bike store, or two! :D

    Looks quite a straightforward job, nice one!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,222
    team47b wrote:
    Looks quite a straightforward job, nice one!

    Yep.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,039
    " When I was young, well when I was fifty, HD had just started building his property empire which now spans all the great cycling places across the earth and he lets his chums from the bottom bracket reside, without charge, MF is resident medic, Stevo sorts the accounts, SG and PInno impart their life's learning to the group while slow is on the BBQ.

    Meanwhile congratulations, flip or rent HD?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,702
    Cheers chaps, they'll both be up for rent in s month or so.

    There will be no free reside as all profits will go to the early retirement fund! Mind you I couldn't do sun fir 365 days a year, I'm sat in a balcony at the moment cursing the heat.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,222
    edited June 2017
    slowmart wrote:
    " When I was young, well when I was fifty, HD had just started building his property empire which now spans all the great cycling places across the earth and he lets his chums from the bottom bracket reside, without charge, MF is resident medic, Stevo sorts the accounts, SG and PInno impart their life's learning to the group while slow is on the BBQ.

    Do I assume that the absence of certain regular protagonists in that imaginary summation is because they are flotsam and jetsam and surplus to requirements?
    Sometimes it's more significant the one's who are not selected rather than the one's that are.
    I am gob smacked you put Stevo in there. TLW can do the same job without the staff turnover and he'll even buy beer.
    Sungod, can add a bit of wordliness so that we aren't gazing at our navels in that indomitable British way and Gazza can provide the back ground music, singing with his mates in that Welsh tradition.
    VN is semi-Italian and can therefore do the PR but ffs, don't let him do the organisation or form a committee. Similarly, Stevo may be able to organise so long as that megalomaniac gene doesn't rear it's ugly head but ffs, don't let him do the PR.
    T47 can sit on the branch of a tree with his unusually accurate observational skills, like a pixie except with an added dimension. He'll have to be in a harness though as fluctuating sugar levels could be a hindrance to staying on the branch.
    Like all good egocentrics, Seano can pick his own role and we'll serve him platitudes - "..yes Seano" whilst smiling and nodding our heads. That should placate and satisfy his ego.
    Meanwhile MRS will drive into the sunset in a vintage 2+2, healthy family members in the back seat, all fixed and ready for life and we'll wave him off.
    Wheelspinner can just pop in once in a while but as his clock is opposite to ours, will only see us waking or going to sleep.
    Hopkins B can play a cameo role as taxi driver.
    Oxoman can pull the metaphorical plough before stirring the gravy for pie n mash..
    Fat Daddy can sit on any dissent.
    Lincoln dave will flatten out any undulations.
    Lastly, Hayden can grow a forest of deciduous trees for future generations of those Bracketeers who will learn to conjure up mythical imagery given time and tuition.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,702
    You do know they're only two beds???
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,222
    You do know they're only two beds???

    We shall excavate and build upwards simultaneously, add a conservatory and plant a forest out the back. All you need is 'vision' and some sky hooks.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,451 Lives Here
    pinno wrote:
    [Like all good egocentrics, Seano ...
    I read that as legocentric, he does like a bit of Lego.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    pinno wrote:
    Hopkins B can play a cameo role as taxi driver.

    Super, a taxi driver. Can I have racist and sexist opinions that I share with you all as I ferry you from place to place?

    Cor blimey, I ain't racist, but it's all gorn dahn'ill raahnd 'ere since them fahkin' braaahhn maslims moved in, my old man's a dustman, 'ave a banana, don't get many of them to the paaaahhhnnd.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,012
    Actually HD I might tap you up soon for advice on what to do with my folks house - seeing as you're the Northern property mogul these days :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,222
    hopkinb wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Hopkins B can play a cameo role as taxi driver.

    Super, a taxi driver. Can I have racist and sexist opinions that I share with you all as I ferry you from place to place?

    Cor blimey, I ain't racist, but it's all gorn dahn'ill raahnd 'ere since them fahkin' braaahhn maslims moved in, my old man's a dustman, 'ave a banana, don't get many of them to the paaaahhhnnd.

    Excellent.
    Sign here........................................ Date:...................................D.O.B:..................... Sex:.................Marital status:.......................Income:...........................STD's:...........................
    Experience:......................Hobbies/Sports:..............................

    Notes and tips for completing the application form.
    1. Date: Today, you plonker
    2. D.O.B: If you don't know, contact the orphanage
    3. Sex: Yes or no.
    4. Marital Status, options: Good/she doesn't know about the mistress yet/I fancy mixing it up with a swingers party/2 inches from divorce/i'm not who you think I am/I went to Bangkok a while ago for a little op.
    5. Income: Enough to buy beer/i've collected a load of tokens/i'm hoping to get my life back on track with this job when I get paid.
    6. STD's: Possible link with 3 and 4 E and F
    7. Linked to 6
    8. Hobbies/sports: Link to 7, 6 and 4.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,222
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Actually HD I might tap you up soon for advice on what to do with my folks house - seeing as you're the Northern property mogul these days :)

    Can we get this one out of the way first, ffs?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,012
    pinno wrote:
    I am gob smacked you put Stevo in there. TLW can do the same job without the staff turnover and he'll even buy beer.

    VN is semi-Italian and can therefore do the PR but ffs, don't let him do the organisation or form a committee. Similarly, Stevo may be able to organise so long as that megalomaniac gene doesn't rear it's ugly head but ffs, don't let him do the PR.
    I don't 'do' accounts - I've got minions to that. I think that covers the megalomaniac point quite neatly as well :wink: I'm good at PR though, having plenty of practice at putting a bit of spin on stuff to the board and idiot tax inspectors :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,012
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Actually HD I might tap you up soon for advice on what to do with my folks house - seeing as you're the Northern property mogul these days :)

    Can we get this one out of the way first, ffs?
    I'll take the pics in a couple of week when I'm up North next. Don't worry, I'll only be tapping you up for some casual labour :D
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,222
    £50 per hour (cash) plus £5 per hour for each minion (3) and free accommodation, food on tap, hookers, beer and blow and other slightly less significant expenses.
    The job will take as long as what mood I am in and if I can be bothered to turn up. Especially Mondays and I don't work weekends or Friday's or if there is a hint of rain. Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Thursday's are always iffy.
    If there is no tree for T47 to sit in on site, forget it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,012
    pinno wrote:
    £50 per hour (cash) plus £5 per hour for each minion (3) and free accommodation, food on tap, hookers, beer and blow and other slightly less significant expenses.
    The job will take as long as what mood I am in and if I can be bothered to turn up. Especially Mondays and I don't work weekends or Friday's or if there is a hint of rain. Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Thursday's are always iffy.
    If there is no tree for T47 to sit in on site, forget it.
    Do you ever wonder why you're not in full time paid work? :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,222
    I was just assuming the manner and mentality of a builder/plasterer/plumber/electrician/'domestic heating engineer'.
    I also have to practice the sharp intake of breath between clenched teeth with the simultaneous shaking of the head.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
Sign In or Register to comment.