Ultegra R8000 - wait????

NucDidds
NucDidds Posts: 15
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
Am sure everyone has read last week's announcement re the new Shimano groupset.

I have been looking at a new bike probably either Specialized Roubaix Expert or Trek SL6 Disc both of which are now in very limited UK stock (if at all) so discounts on 2017 models very very unlikely.

Question is should I just bite the bullet and stick with current Ultegra (6800) or given time of year wait until after summer for the 2018 models (which from the frame perspective I doubt will be much different to the 2017 models).

What I have seen is that at least Specialized appear to be putting back 2018 launch until Sept.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    If you want a summer bike now - then go for it. I doubt there's going to be anything life changing about the latest groupset and you'll have missed a summer riding a new bike.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    ... just don't pay full price on 6800... in a couple of weeks sales will begin
    left the forum March 2023
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    yeah I certainly wouldn't be buying a Trek right now, I would wait to see what happens in the sales nearer TDF time.
    There will be a new Emonda, disc brake version and rim brake version. That may bring down the price of the current Domane (disc brake version).
    I also very much doubt there will be any noticeable difference between the Ultegra's, I'd happily buy old for a reduced price - just for the fact that is old stock.