Mitts for long distance

13»

Comments

• birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    Received a pair of Specialized Grail 10 days ago... tried them in the Cotswolds for 5 hours... didn't seem particularly comfortable or uncomfortable.

Did the 400 km last weekend, so 16 hours on the saddle. Managed not to get unbearably sore hands, but then I've had numb small fingers (stemming from the bottom of the palm opposite the thumb) since then. Getting a bit better now, probably OK tomorrow.

So, mixed feelings, on balance not great, will probably keep them for commuting... NEXT please...

Would still recommend the Sportful Groupetto
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I think many people are wearing gloves that are too big for them and so they bunch up when gripping the fingers around the bars. I like my gloves to be as close fitting as possible as they will inevitably loosen slightly with wear. My favourite gloves are cheap aliexpress castelli copies which I have for almost 2 years now and wear almost all the time. I bought two more pairs from the same seller and they are so good.

A mate of mine was always complaining or sore hands after a few hours riding, I offered him a pair of my spare gloves and when he put them on he said he thought they were too tight but looked perfect on him. I told him to stick with them for the day and he did and said afterwards they were so comfortable and he had no problems in the 4hrs he was wearing them.